Photobucket


Thursday, July 12, 2012

A new look for "The BB" plus a link-up party for Friday Favorites!

Well, I feel like all I did was complain on the blog this week. Do you hate me yet?

In happier news ... SURPRISE!!!!!  Notice anything different?  The Bargain Blonde got a design revamp complete with a brand new About Me page and I couldn't be more excited about it.  My homie Jonalynn McFadden is a talented graphic designer whom I met in college at a Journalism leadership conference in Oregon and we've remained in contact ever since.  If you like what you see and are looking for a bloggy make-over, then she is definitely the woman for the job.


Check out her design portfolio and you can contact her here.  I promise you'll love whatever she comes up with!  Not to mention she's awesome to work with and a personal friend of mine.  What are you waiting for?

All righty, it's favorites time!



$49 - Shop Here
I was so excited to see The Bachelorette Emily Maynard wearing Stella and Dot again this week!  I'll forgive that phony tail and bird necklace I blogged about yesterday because she knocked it out the park with her beach blonde hair and sun kissed skin paired with the turquoise Stella and Dot Capri Chandelier Earrings in turquoise. The Capri Chandeliers, which are also available in coral, are a steal at under $50!


Oh my goodness gracious. I'm all by my lonely laying in bed writing this post at midnight and I just let out the loudest, most unattractive cackle ever. Why? Because I just re-watched the clip of Bravo's (and my imaginary bestie) Andy Cohen getting attacked by the bird during the RHOC Reunion.  I could watch and will watch this a million times over. So funny.



Really Lindsey? Favorite pen?  I know.  But this pen is pretty much life changing.  If you are a cray like me, then you are very particular about your pens.  My BFF told me about the Pilot G-2 07 and on Sunday I picked a pack up at Target. Can't. Stop. Writing.  Seriously, this pen writes as smooth as butta. Get yo'self some.

This 100% all-natural Lucini Italia Bold Parmesan and Garlic vinaigrette is so amazing on salads and as a marinade. If I could drink it straight, I would.


Remember way back in November I blogged about a boot camp I was doing?  Well, now that I'm back into the swing of things thanks to Tone It Up, I signed up for another Boot Camp session with my friend and certifiable personal trainer Jeremy Jackson.  He started his own boot camp called GetFit Nation and convinced me to sign-up for his new camp that starts this coming Monday.  

EFF MY LIFE because when I signed up I didn't know it was a MORNING boot camp and if you know me, you know I do NOT do mornings.  My only saving grace is that Jeremy is really good at keeping you accountable and does not accept excuses, so I will be be dragging my ass up to the camp Mon/Wed at 6 a.m. and Tues/Thurs at 6:45 a.m.  I know my family reads my blog and I already know they are laughing out loud at the notion of me going to a 6 a.m. boot camp.  Guess I better start going to bed earlier.  

If anyone is interested in the boot camp, all fitness levels are welcome.  E-mail Jeremy or text him at 469.438.7898 if you have any questions.  Or check out the boot camp's Facebook page for deets. Let him know you heard about it on The Bargain Blonde.  Hope to see some of you Dallas area ladies there!  

Now it's your turn! Grab my button at the top of the post and link-up below!

Pin It

47 comments:

  1. Pilot pens are the best pens in the world...Can't use any other pen but Pilots. I have been using them since JR HS, love em...If you get the whole pack from Walmart, they include a extra blue shade, its like black navy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hunting down that Lucini dressing! I love cooking with their olive oils!! Love the new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my favorite pens tooooooooo! I am obsessed! And they come in the best colors.

    Oh, and I ADORE your new look!!! I saw it pop up last night and think it's mighty snazzy :) Which reminds me... I reallyyy need a blog makeover! Hope you have an awesome weekend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being that I now use the tanner you blogged about, the elf foundation you blogged about, devoured the creamer you blogged about...sigh. I better go get those pens. And that salad dressing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats so funny that you posted about Andy Cohen and that bird moment lol .. I freakin love him, do you watch WWHL?? its my favorite!! Happy Friday girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA - I totally used the Andy Cohen moment in my blog too! Soo freaking hilarious! Sounds like I need to try those pens! Have a great Friday!

    http://allthingslisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the new look. oh man i need a bootcamp like something serious. does he do skype sessions? wait...i don't have skype, or internet. fml.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to mention that I LOVE your new site design - SOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know I am not the only cray who has favorite pens. The Pilot G-2 is my go-to for work and it is what I keep in my purse at all times. Too funny to see someone who shares that appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the new design and so impressed about your boot camp! I would die ha. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove your new design!! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I DIED when that bird landed on Andy Cohen's head....legit died. He is too funny!! Loving your Friday Favs this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh okay, I got the coral Capri earrings and WOW! Was seriously sorta skeptical about the Capri earrings, but they are gorgeous!!! And ever better in person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog looks great! And I love those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bahaha Andy Cohen cracked me up too! That reunion was redic and I love Tamra but her hair looked so awful. It was SO big. Love those earrings and definitely trying those pens when I make a supply order at work today ;) Happy Friday lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those earrings are sooo nice!

    And hey, pens are a BIG deal. I only use a certain kind at work, specifically black Pilot G-2 10's! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally weird about my pens too! I need to pick these up - I love it when pens write smoothly! hah. 6 AM is sooo early - I have been trying to do crossfit at that time and I can only wake up when I go to bed at 10:30 pm! have a great weekend! and love the new design!! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha...I love those G2 pens - your colors are prettier than mine though :( Girl, can you delete my Linkup link? It put a big fat blue blob man as my pic..?! What's up with that?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That salad dressing looks delish, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who obsesses over having the perfect pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha the bird vidoe is HILARIOUS!! Oh my word...Im dying!!!
    Oh and I have a fav pen too, but it's the sharpie pens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to get home and watch the reunion! haha! Love the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your new layout! Jonalynn did a fantastic job!
    Of course I love your faves, that video had me laughing out loud pretty hard!
    I obsess over finding the perfect pen too :D Thanks for sharing - I am now going to spend the rest of my day tracking that pen down haha.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, I am a office supply junkie! Give me pens or a cute notebook or something, and I'm in heaven! Unfortunately I can't use gel pens though because I smear them. I'm right-handed (usually it's lefties that smear), but I swear I smear every time I try to write with a gel. Except for the Papermate Liquid Expresso. The only disadvantage to them is that they have a cap, and I prefer clicky pens. Oh my gosh, did I just ramble about office supplies for a paragraph? See. Junkie.

    Love your new design! I keep thinking about getting a new one - yours is the favorite that I've seen so far! Sorry I didn't link up today ... I'll be back to it next week ... promise!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your blog design is perfect linds. I LOVE IT! i am in the works of a new one too :) some spring cleaning! LOVE THIS!

    the bird thing at WWHL. omg i love love loved it!!!

    i commend you for boot camp. I am so scared of it! SO SO SCARED haha!

    happpy weekend love!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the new design!! And that bootcamp looks fun! But mornings... yeah.... so NOT a morning person either! Good luck I'm sure you're rocking it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love office supplies. I am obessed with gel pens at work. Our office manager orders them especially for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this blog design, it looks aawesome! I'm going to have to try that salad dressing and fitness stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Freaking LOVE THE DANG REDESIGN. Seriously. So fresh so clean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have a sick obsession with office supplies, so when I saw your FAVORITE PEN, I immediately took note of the make and style. Will be buying it this weekend when I venture to Target to buy my ELF falsies! Happy weekend girlfran!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That was seriously the best part of the RHOOC reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The bird scene was hilarious. For us. On the other side of the tv that is. If I was there I would have straight up pooped my gown.

    What did you think of Big brother?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love those pens too. And I bought those earrings in the other color for my rehearsal dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't do mornings either. Like I HATE them. So being that I had to babysit at 8:30 this morning, I did not blog at all today. But here is what I have to say about your faves:

    Those pens are amazing! I love them. There's really only one pen I love more, and it's a Pilot. I'll try to find a pic or link.

    BOOT CAMP?! OMG there is no way in hell I'd get anywhere by 6 am, much less somewhere to exercise! I'm a total afternoon exerciser. But I'm excited for you and proud of you for doing something so hard-core!

    Emily's earrings are gorgeous. Wish I could afford everything S&D.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those earrings are so cute and that dressing sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVE thos G-2 pens. They're my fav also. I am loving those Capri earrings and they're on my wishlist. I have a party schedule this week (the 20th) and hopefully I'll be able to get them :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Andy is my bff also! and I laughed way too hard @ that reunion! omg!

    ps. you are so right about those pens! love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the new design and those stell and Dot earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the new look!

    Stella & Dot is AMAZING. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE the new blog design!!! so pretty! and of course I love all the glitter accents! fabulous! xo Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love those pens!!!

    <3 Jamie
    www.juststuffforfun.com

    ReplyDelete