Photobucket


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July insipired nails using at home gel system

I love all the patriotic painted nails popping up all over Pinterst and Instagram, but the picture above is by far my favorite take on 4th of July inspired nails.  


It's been a while, but I blogged about my love for gel manicures a long time ago.  The only problem is that sometimes I can't make it into a salon and gel manis can be pricey.  Well, my loves, did you know you can give yourself at-home gel manicures??  You can!  Ulta carries a brand called Red Carpet Manicure, which is an at home LED gel system.  


I'm certainly not a gel nail or nail art expert, so Red Carpet Manicure nail technician Danielle Candido is giving you bargainistas a step-by-step guide to achieve patriotic gel nails at home.


1. Paint the whole nail with Red Carpet Reddy
2. Before curing the second coat of color, take a striping brush and lay down a stripe of Drop Dead Gorgeous. Do not cure this layer.  
3.Clean the brush and  lay down a stripe of White Hot either right next to the first stripe or even down the center of the first stripe. Do not cure this layer.
4. Clean the brush.

5. Next, with the thin edge of the flattened striping brush, pull the tip of the brush through all the lines in a pre-determined pattern and cure.

6. Apply a thin coat of Brilliance Top Coat. Cure and wipe with Purify 


I have wanted to jump on the at home gel nail train for a while, but didn't really know which products to use. I discovered that Red Carpet Manicure has a starter kit with a portable light for $59.99, which I think is a good price if you think how much money you'll be saving in the long run.  I might have to take one of my 20% off Ulta coupons and scoop this bad boy up.

Has anyone bought an at-home gel manicure kit?  What brand did you buy and did you like it?

What do you think about patriotic nails?  Will you be jumping on that trend this 4th of July?

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. ok I want this. immediately. Are you going to get? because I want to get. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i love those nails! My sister in law uses the at home gel set and her nails always look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't bought it yet, but your nails make for a good advertisement! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i had the talent to do that to my nails. love, love, love them!

    i know you already know about my obsession with nail polish and all the things you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm this is intriguing! I saw it at Ulta last weekend but didn't really give it a second glance! Sounds promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds really cool! I'm definitely not the manicure expert - I've barely even gone to the salon. Usually just do them myself. BUT, I looove themed nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - your nails look amazing and I never would have guessed that they were done at home! Is this gel similar to Shellac? I've had a few shellac manicures and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been dying to try this kit!! I blogged about it and still haven't gone and gotten it but it looks like the perfect solution!

    http://creativelyclassy.blogspot.com/2012/06/at-home-nails-trends.html

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually have this pic for my post tomorrow. I'm painting my nails this way for tomorrow :) great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if anyone has bought it, give a review! The times I have gotten a gel or shellac manicure, by 5 days the gel has peeled off my fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your nails are super cute! Love the patriotic nail theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am kind of too cheap for this I think. I've seen versions of it around and it is intriguing but ultimately I don't know if I could spend the $$. Plus, I'm fickle and like changing my nails on the regular. But I totally understand the hype. My nails chip like the second I wash my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to know who's doing all of these nails on pinterest! I take pictures to my nail place and I swear they act like they can't paint some stripes!! I just spent $20 on a fill and then $20 more right after at Walgreens buying nail art pens so I could do it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been debating on whether or not I would actually use it.
    I kind of want to get it, because I love having my nails painted but hate having them chip all the time. Love gels but to expensive to get them constantly done at a salon. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhhhh I LOOOVE this!!! Probably going to buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the patriotic nails!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought all of the shellac/ OPI Axxium stuff on a whim one time and have been doing my own mani's since. Love it! It's so easy to do once you get the hang of it...just takes a while to paint my left hand! :) I wanna see a pic of yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If only I had the patience and ability to do my nails like this!
    Beautiful!
    Happy 4th!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really bad about my nails because I've been doing acrylic nails but it is really bad for my nails!! I should invest in a kit like this or paint them again. Acrylic is getting too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got this system about a month ago and I LOVE IT. I was going to do a review about it on my blog, maybe I just should! It really works!!!
    www.xoxotrishelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete