Photobucket


Saturday, October 5, 2013

Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie [Recipe]


It's fall y'all (aka my favorite time of year). And with the cooler temperatures comes comfort food. On Friday night when our desert temps dipped to 60 degrees, I decided to dust off my deep dish chicken pot pie recipe I found several years ago from Kraft. It's simple, looks fancy and I'm pretty positive you'll love it. I always forget how much I enjoy this dish.

I made a few slight variations to the original recipe and here's how.

WHAT YOU NEED
  • 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1/4 cup KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
  • 4 oz. Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (optional)
  • Salt, pepper & parsley to taste (optional)
  • 1 ready-to-use frozen pie crust
  • Egg wash (one egg + 2 Tbsp water)
Sautee veges in 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium low heat to soften. In a separate skillet, cook chicken in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 2 min. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted. Add flour; mix well. Add broth and vegetables; simmer 5 min. 

After you pour mixture into deep dish 10-inch pie plate, arrange pie crust over filling and flute edges. Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Brush pie with egg wash. Bake 25-30 min. or until crust is golden brown.



The cream cheese is the secret. Enjoy.
Pin It

24 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks and sounds delicious! We will definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! That looks so good! I think I've had pot pie once in my life (such a shame, I know) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love any kind of chicken pie. Will try this recipe soon and thanks!
    Linda
    Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cream cheese in pot pie??! That sounds super decadent and now I'm super hungry haha. Thank you for sharing!

    www.atelierzozo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this looks sooo good! Definitely want to try this on a cold winter night.
    thecaliforniacollegestudent.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruce Fit Boss, The Top Fitness Consultant WorldWide - Build strength, flexibility and lose weight now
    Getting crazy strong, flexible, and start losing weight now!
    Small changes add up to major results!
    Are you ready to see faster gains in strength without drastically changing your workout plan or diet?

    Increasing strength improves your body's ability to recruit muscle fibers, specifically the ones that make the biggest difference in the way your physique looks. Strength training also makes your goals more tangible and concrete. Your muscles will respond if you set goals to hit certain lift numbers.

    Bruce the fit Boss - International Personal Trainer

    Personal Trainer In Stone Harbor NJ

    Personal Trainer In Sea Isle City NJ

    Personal Trainer In Ocean City NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb work you well done on this blog, I am deeply read your blog I got of many information on this, keep sharing like this type of blog, I hope you will be create soon this type of blog and valuable information, I am waiting for your new blog, I hope I will be see you soon, thank you so much for read my comment, I am suggest to you all comment reader please read this blog he will be mention lot of information on this please go and read it, If any one searching dynamic website designing company in Delhi in cheap rate please go on my website, we are do for you any think.
    Dynamic Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to read your article, I got a many useful information on this blog, I think you will be share with us like this type of article, keep share more like this type of topic am happy to see your blog post, thank you so much for share this useful information with us, If any one grow up looks and life style please come on my website.
    Lifestyle Magazine

    ReplyDelete

  10. Wow! Shoutout love! This is INCREDIBLY helpful, thank you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ирээдүйд илүү сонирхолтой, сонирхолтой зүйлстэй байх болно гэж найдаж байна. Та үргэлж аз жаргалтай, аз жаргалтай байхыг хүсэж байна\


    lều xông hơi loại nào tốt

    lều xông hơi cá nhân

    bán lều xông hơi

    mua lều xông hơi ở đâu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to read this page. Watch all the pinoy swertres results daily.
    Swertres Lotto result Today
    pinoyswertres

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really positive using your thoughts and knowledge will help me to improve myself. siberian husky puppies for rehoming      Great work. Keep doing this great work for us. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really informative post, thanks for the post and effort! Keep sharing a lot of posts like this. Learn more about multi-vendor marketplace mobile app.

    ReplyDelete