I made a few slight variations to the original recipe and here's how.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Lite Zesty Italian Dressing
- 4 oz. Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (optional)
- Salt, pepper & parsley to taste (optional)
- 1 ready-to-use frozen pie crust
- Egg wash (one egg + 2 Tbsp water)
Sautee veges in 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium low heat to soften. In a separate skillet, cook chicken in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 2 min. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until melted. Add flour; mix well. Add broth and vegetables; simmer 5 min.
After you pour mixture into deep dish 10-inch pie plate, arrange pie crust over filling and flute edges. Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Brush pie with egg wash. Bake 25-30 min. or until crust is golden brown.
The cream cheese is the secret. Enjoy.