Photobucket


Thursday, July 26, 2012

Countdown to the Olympics + "How I Make That Money Honey" link-up deets

We are less than 24 hours away from the opening ceremony in London for the 2012 Olympic games.  Who else is excited?  In anticipation of the games, I decided to peruse the official London 2012 Website this morning and um, I have a few concerns about the athlete photos.

Why is this Michael Phelps' official picture?  Can we get the guy a hair brush? A hair cut? Some product? A razor? Something, please. He looks homeless.

It's not just Michael, though.  What is going on with ALL of the U.S.A. athlete photos? I spy a to catch a predator suspect on the top row and a girl that look like she got busted for DUI and cried in the squad car all the way to the clink on the bottom row.
You'll notice there are blue and red circles.  I've used the blue to circle all the hotties.  You are welcome.  The red are the photos that concern me the most.

I mean, at the very least, could the person in charge not crop the photos the same way?  Stephanie Brown Trafton looks like she's sitting in a salon chair with a hair cape on.  It's all very strange, so if anyone on the International Olympic Committee is reading (and I'm sure you all are), please just put me in charge of athlete mug shots for now on.  Goodness gracious. If you want to see all of the USA photos, go here.

And while I'm on the topic of the Olympics, I wanted to share some Stella and Dot gold, silver and bronze earrings all less than $35 dollars.
Gold ($34) / Silver ($31.20 on sale) / Bronze ($29)

And tomorrow as part of my Friday Faves, I am going to post some pictures of me and Bela Karolyi for your viewing pleasure.  You didn't know we were besties? Oh, we are.

Last but not least, I mentioned hosting a "How I Make That Money Honey" and it seems several of you were interested.  The time has come!  Grab the button below and start preparing your posts because we're linking-up Monday.




How I Make That Money Honey Link-up Instructions 
In case you missed the original post about this, I wanted to host a link-up so that we can share what we do in our "real jobs" whether that be in corporate america or as a SAHM.  You may not get a physical pay check if you are staying at home, but you should.  So even if you don't clock in at the office at 8 a.m., I know everyone would love to read what a "day-in-the-life" with a SAHM is like.

As a reminder, I strongly encourage you to be as discreet as possible when telling us about your jobs.  Please don't reveal company names or locations.  We don't need anyone ending up on Dateline.  Simply tell us what your profession is and what your job responsibilities are.  I also think it would be interesting to know what your degree is in if you went to college and to see if you actually apply it in your career.  Just an idea!

I'm going to leave the link-up open all week in case some of you already participate in Monday link-ups.  Let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait to read all of your posts on Monday!  
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Shut the front door! I am so jealous you have met Bela K!!! I soooo want to meet him! He is the most awesome coach ever! :) I CAN'T wait for the gymnastics portion to start!!!

    http://countryrootscityliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! those pictures are crazy! some of those are bad! I've actually met one of your 'hotties' , David Boudia and I agree! sadly he is engaged, lol. I met him, his synchro partner Nick McCrory last summer when I was interning at Duke.

    I would love to participate in the linkup but I just graduated from college and I'm struggling to find a job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the link up on Monday. I am super nosy to see what people do in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are ridiculous! I've seen better mugshots! Horrible!!!

    That really should be a fun linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao ok so i kind of tweeted this to you after you posted but i couldnt get my full horror in 140 characters so here we go.

    i take an online class that actually MEETS online from 5-7 on tues/thurs, so obvi i do lots of other things while "in" class. but my webcam is still on so it looks like im concentrating really hard when im really reading blogs...but i opened ur link and saw that picture of michael phelps and i had to stop reading because i just started laughing in the middle of someone presenting. #awkward and #amazing.

    hahaha BUT SERIOUSLY...HOW can those be the official pictures?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy shizzzz those are AWFUL! I read an article somewhere else about the pro photographs SUCKING - but they weren't these bio pics. You and Bela, really?? Did you hear about Dominique Moceanu's recent allegations of them?? Can't wait to link up! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. A. I'm majorly jell that you have pics with Bela K. I was obsessed with him when I was a baby gymnast.

    B. Can't wait for the link up. I'm always wondering "hmm I wonder what she does?" when reading a blog. Because I'm a curious betch like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha!! I laughed throughout this post, but particularly when you were talking about the athletes' photos. WTF is up with that, indeed. Bottom left-hand corner man is hot, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can't wait for the olynpics! and those pics are horrendous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I for real thought that was his mugshot from when he was busted for pot! They are terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those photos cannot be real. But they are, aren't they? Carol needs to get her shit together. And I need to stop using Bridesmaids quotes irl...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - this cracked me up! I really thought that was something from to catch a predator!! Oh, and yes Cosmic Jump in Allen - that's also the one that I have been to :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could not stop laughing to your writing about the Olympics. Mug shots is the best way to describe those horrible photos. Aren't they supposed to be proud of representing our country as the best athletes we have to compete? They all look scared and even dirty. Too weird, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was looking at the pictures of the USA Olypmic team the other day and I'm glad to see someone else is displeased with the pictures selected. I'm not saying they have to be Glamor Shots, however that would be really entertaining, but wouldn't you think someone in PR could submit better pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blue and red circles made me laugh...a lot. There was a bit of controversy earlier this summer about the photos of the USA Olympic team and how awful they were. I thought they fixed it, though. ...guess not. :) Thanks for making me laugh today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know we've talked about gymnastics before...but I'm dying.

    I went to Bela Karolyi's camp several summers in a row. I'm sure we were there together. HOLY SMALL WORLD!!

    And, I CANNOT wait to watch gymnastics! I grew up dreaming that I would be there in 2004, and 2008 I almost cried because I didn't fulfill my dreams and 2012...I'm just going to donate my first born to gymnastics so I can at least go to the olympics. So what if it is 2028.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! Mug Shot Central! I can't believe someone's job was to make sure that these people looked decent, and they failed.. THAT BAD! Maybe their tactic was to find really mean looking pictures to intimidate our opponents?! Looking like they just got released from prison!? I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH EM GEE. These pictures are either a) really bad driver's license photos, or b) mugshots after the people were pulled over for suspicion of DUI!

    ReplyDelete