Photobucket


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You know you're getting old when ...

You throw your back out cleaning your apartment.  OK, so maybe it's not technically "thrown-out", but damn!  I don't think I should feel this sore after spending a Sunday deep cleaning.  The good news?  My apartment is officially "Spring Cleaned" and it's not even Spring for 2 more weeks.   

So after spending 8 plus hours of my Sunday slaving away scrubbing, dusting, "mopping", sweeping, vacuuming, etc.,  I thought I would blog about my top 5 favorite cleaning products and I'll even throw in a few bargain tips and coupons along the way.  You are welcome!

1. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Let's start with this miracle worker.  It definitely is, like the name states, magic!  I primarily use this for cleaning scuffs off walls and tough stains on the bottom of my bathtub.  I'm obsessed with this.  Sign up here for a coupon booklet with coupons for this product.


2. Lysol Disinfecting Wipes.  I can bet you have some of these at your home right now, huh? I use them on the daily in my bathroom, kitchen and even on my living room furniture (most of it's Ikea).  I normally buy the generic brand to save some dollars because they work and smell exactly the same as the Lysol brand.
  
3. Microfiber Ceiling Fan Duster. *Cue the angels singing*  I don't know how I lived 26 years of my life without one of these.  I asked for one for Christmas and Santa hooked me up!  I think mine was purchased at Lowes and you HAVE to have one of these in your life.  I also have the cobweb attachment which is amazing as well. Mine is purple, but I found a blue similar looking one on Amazon if you want to check it out.  Links below the picture.
1  /  2  /  3

4. Swiffer Sweeper wet and dry cleaning cloths.  Call me a scumbag, but I don't use or even own a legit mop.  I don't know about you, but I have zero interest in messing with a mop and bucket.  I prefer to slap a a Swiffer cloth on and "swiffer" away to "mop" my floors.  I live alone and don't make any serious messes, so these do the job for me and are so easy to use.  Click here for Swiffer coupons.  

5. Scrubbing Bubbles Flushables.  The attachment can hang from behind your toilet out of sight, you do not have to touch the toilet to clean it and you just flush the brush attachment when you are done.  I have had this since my first apartment in college and I still love it! Sign-up for Scrubbing Bubbles coupons here.


I'd love to know what you swear by for cleaning because I'm always looking for the latest and greatest.  Are any of these your favorites too? 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. hahah oh my gosh you are adorable! Im laughing about how you threw your back out! not AT you of course... :) my trick for cleaning is getting my supplies at the dollar store. SOOO much cheaper! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I love a freshly cleaned apartment :) But then I never want to leave. I just want to sit in my cleanliness. lol Magic Erasers are literally MAGIC. I use them for just about everything...

    Bella Cene' - Check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lover.. you had me laughing my butt off too at throwing your back out.. not laughing at you but just something id say.. trying to be all over-exaggerative and stuff! haha too cute!

    Okay tricks to the trade.. here's what I use to clean.. mind you i'm a clean freak.. i clean several days a week if not EVERYDAY of the week.. i have OCD.. im constantly moving things around and wiping things down.. gets annoying sometimes but i cant help it! lol

    Okay so here's my list lol finally:
    - FANTASTIK (Anti-Bacterial Heavy Duty)
    - Swifer Dusters
    - Swifer Wet Jet
    - Windex
    - Febreze (in Hawaiian Aloha)

    I love all those things! and SWEAR by them! Hope it helps!

    And thanks for commenting on my blog about E.L.F products! I hope I helped you in purchasing some more things! If you have any questions let me know! AND let me know what you buy!

    XO!
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the magic eraser!! Swiffer products are awesome too! I love to clean and love the smell of a clean house :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I am a cleaning machine! And I love every one of these products too!

    ReplyDelete