It is so ridiculously easy to make, I never imagined it would be so good. I just throw all the ingredients in my slow cooker before work and when I get home, the meat is falling apart. I'm telling y'all, I want to lick my plate when I'm done.
- 1 to 1.25 lbs lean beef stew meat
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 3/4 can of condensed golden mushroom soup (make sure you get golden mushroom, NOT cream of mushroom)
- 3/4 can of condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (6oz) jar/can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 C low fat sour cream
- 4 C cooked wheat egg noodles (I just use my eye to measure out of the bag - whatever looks good for 2 people)
1. Mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is very tender.
3. Stir in cream cheese until melted then the sour cream. Serve over noodles.