Photobucket


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

[via]
I haven't posted a recipe in a while so I thought I should share one of my absolute favorite meals to whip up.  My ex-bf (aka Lucifer. kidding. kinda.) was the pickiest eater ever and even he loved this.  I got the original recipe from the Betty Crocker Web site, but halved it for the 2 of us.  Now I make it and have leftovers for the week. 

It is so ridiculously easy to make, I never imagined it would be so good.  I just throw all the ingredients in my slow cooker before work and when I get home, the meat is falling apart.  I'm telling y'all, I want to lick my plate when I'm done.  

Ingredients
  • 1 to 1.25 lbs lean beef stew meat
  • 1/2 C chopped onion
  • 3/4 can of condensed golden mushroom soup (make sure you get golden mushroom, NOT cream of mushroom)
  • 3/4 can of condensed cream of onion soup
  • 1 (6oz) jar/can of sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
  • 1/4 C low fat sour cream
  • 4 C cooked wheat egg noodles (I just use my eye to measure out of the bag - whatever looks good for 2 people)
Directions
1. Mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is very tender.
3. Stir in cream cheese until melted then the sour cream.  Serve over noodles.
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm gonna have to try this, I'm always looking for easy things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the slow cooker, makes everything so simple and delicious :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! Mmm... love the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. slow cookers are THE BEST! It's like having a whole meal prepared and you haven't even done anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed a new slow-cooker meal! Thanks! I'll be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very glad you posted this! the only thing i know how to make in my crockpot is chicken with a can of cream of mushroom dumped on it! this might inspire me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks good...I don't know how to/don't cook. What's a slow cooker?

    "My ex-bf (aka Lucifer. kidding. kinda.)" That's funny.

    $armin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I was there so I could eat some with you. I have been traveling so much a home cooked meal sounds great! Glad you like your new heart.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pretty much LOVE anything that goes in the slow cooker--so easy and yet SO YUMMY. thanks for sharing this recipe...my belly thanks you in advance ;) happy Tuesday! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slowcooker = The only way I would ever be considered a good cook.

    This looks yummy, and I'm going to have to try it!

    turnuptherad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks yummy!!

    ps i just saw your comment on my guest post about NC to TX :) thanks for commenting and I look forward to reading your blog! :)
    www.livingtheadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never made my beef stroganoff in the slow cooker, usually I cook it all right on the stove and I use hamburger instead of beef stew meat. This sounds really good though, I am thinking it would be awesome to just through it all in the pan and that would mean way less work for me!

    thanks for a new twist on a good recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I need to pull out my slow-cooker again! It's such a fabulous little invention:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wrote about you and our little bbm chat last night on my blog haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so good! It's actually one of my favorite meals. Thanks for posting this! I just found your blog through Raven's blog. :) It looks great! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks sooooo good!!!!!!

    P.S: I posted pics of my new pumps on my blog a few days ago, go check them out <3

    http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, and adding this to my "breaking in the crock pot" list. I kind of want to make it now, except I really don't want to go to the grocery store after work. This weekend!

    ReplyDelete