So for you to fully understand what my Happiness Project goal is for March, I think it's best I describe my typical workday morning for you:
- Blackberry alarm goes off at 6:40 a.m.
- I reflex like a ninja without even so much as a removal of my sleep mask to hit snooze until around 7:20 a.m.
- Stumble out of bed to the bathroom, sleep mask on forehead.
- Look at myself in mirror and think yikes, that's not good. You're looking pretty haggard.
- Tie hair up, wash face and brush teeth.
- Scramble for an outfit, sometimes digging a cardigan or cami out from dirty laundry pile. I'm being honest here.
- Hope I find my standard pair of black pumps by the front door. If they aren't there, I'm in trouble because I don't have time to play black pump scavenger hunt.
- Throw hair into messy bun or add mousse to wear wavy. Spritz perfume and throw on whatever jewlery I can find on my bathroom counter that matches.
- Grab cell off bed, throw into my purse sitting by my front door, find keys and run out at 7:40 a.m.
- Notice there was no time for make-up? That's because I do that on my drive to work at red lights. Not safe at all and I fully recognize that. Hence, why my goal this month is a peaceful morning.
This month my goal is to have a peaceful morning, and in order to achieve said goal, I'm going to implement the following changes:
- Go to bed earlier. I normally don't fall asleep until at least midnight because I'm too busy playing on Blogger or watching my DVRd Oprah episode. I'm implementing a strict bed time of 10:30 p.m. with TV and lap top off by 11 p.m. Ugh, that's going to be so hard.
- Do not hit snooze more than twice. This means feet on floor and sleep mask off by 7 a.m.
- Pick out my outfit the night before. I can't tell you how much time I waste in the mornings deciding what to wear and then finding outfit pieces.
- Out the door by 7:30 a.m. I hate feeling so rushed on my drive to work.
I'll keep you updated on my progress toward a peaceful morning throughout the month of March. Wish me luck! And if you have any morning routine tips that work for you, I welcome them. I need all the help I can get.