Photobucket


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another one bites the dust: Courtney

My friends are dropping like flies.  I'm joking.  But seriously, if one more person gets engaged, I'm going to have to take out a loan to fund all these wedding festivities.  Another friend, Kristina, got engaged on Friday, which I will do a seperate post about soon.  Her ring is my dream ring! 

But this post is about one of my dearest friends, Courtney, who got engaged in January and I couldn't be happier for her and her soon to be hubby, Tanner.  They are both teachers/coaches in the same school district, which is how their paths crossed.  Courtney and I met in high school and went to Texas Tech together where we were roomies our Sophomore year.  

A few weeks ago, she organized a Sunday brunch to ask us to be in her bridal party.  She made us all close our eyes and when she said we could open them, we saw cookies in front of us that said "Will you be my bridesmaid?"  So effing cute!  Needless to say, we all said "YES!"
Please excuse how atrocious I look, I had a late one the night before.  The adorable cookies are by SweetFace Cookies and the lady who makes them does fabulous work.  If you are in the Dallas area, check out her facebook page.
Here is how they looked all wrapped up in front of us.  Her sweet sis Kaleena was asked to be her MOH. 
Courtney is not a crier.  Like I literally don't think I've seen her cry in the almost 10 years I've known her.  I, on the other hand, cry every week during the show Parenthood.  You know it's true love because she cried after he popped the question, which he did on his knee at the table where they had their first date (presh!).  Her whole family was waiting in another room of the restaurant to suprise her and we were waiting at a next door bar for them to show up so we could all celebrate. 
The soon to be Mr. and Mrs. the night of the engagement plus the beautiful bling! 
She kept saying, "LINDSEY!  YOU KNEW AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME!!?"  Ummm duh Courtney, I'm not going to tell you that you are about to get engaged you freak!  I love you and am honored to be a part of your wedding.  I can't wait for the big day and all the celebrations leading up!  You are going to be a beautiful bride.  XOXO
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. aww this is such a lovely post! Congrats to Courtney! Love the cookie idea! What a sweet way to ask you girls! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. i think that's such a neat idea to ask girls to be your bridesmaid.

    i want to eat those cookies through the computer.

    and her ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cutest idea ever!!! congrats on being a bridesmaid too...so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weddings!! I personally never cry either, EXCEPT during Grey's Anatomy and at weddings. No idea why weddings always make me cry but they do. Oh and that ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, congrats to your friend!
    (I wanna get married...Hmmm, did I just type that?)The cookies look adorable/yummy. Did you eat yours? I think I would have kept mine.

    PS: The gillter nail polish is from the Burlesque collection, & the "teal" one is from, your gonna love it, TX collection. Have you seen the TX colors yet? I am pretty sure AZ isn't going to have one.

    $armin<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im with you, everyone I know is either married or getting married. le sigh. But such a cute idea, congrats to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute idea!

    PS... I cry through every episode of parenthood too! Love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I think that's so sweet that she cried. I hope I'm that way too!

    Her ring is gorgeous! as are you in that picture hahaha love that you are wearing your sunglasses.

    I keep saying I can't wait for my friends to get engaged, but I think I'll be sad when they actually start droppin.

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete