Photobucket


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve!

My mom's side of the family is from San Antonio and for as long as I can remember we have had tamales and taquitos on Christmas Eve. This year we had Christmas Eve at my apartment (a first) – but it was just a small gathering since some of my family couldn't make it up to Dallas for various reasons. My Grandma brought our traditional South Texas tamales and taquitos with her to Dallas, which are my favorite food to eat at Christmas. They were delicious as usual, and we had a fun time eating and reminiscing about past Christmas Eves. I won’t get into the story about my Grandpa and a dead fox, but it’s very funny.

After we ate and talked, we drove around and looked at Christmas lights in Plano, a suburb of Dallas where I grew up. It was drizzling rain and windy, which only posed a problem when I hung out the car trying to take pictures of the lights. The neighborhood we went to apparently goes all out and there were tons of people looking at lights too. There were times when you couldn’t drive down the street because of so many cars.

On Christmas morning we opened presents and then in the afternoon we drove out to my Aunt’s house about an hour away for more presents and Christmas dinner. I had a wonderful Christmas with my small family and I got everything I asked for and more! Christmas always makes me realize how blessed I am, and I’m so sad it’s over. I really do not want to take down my tree and decorations! Anyone want to help? Ha!

Christmas Eve dinner:


Christmas Eve lights:

Christmas Morning:
 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. It was wonderful and festive. I was so lucky to have the time with both of my children, my grandson and my mom and sister. I am blessed that we are healthy and happy. Thanks for the time. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of my gifts Mom, HO HO HO! And if you want to start boxing up all my decorations, I won't stop you. *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmasy pictures and i'm so sad I didn't take more!

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas m'dear.

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas isn't over until Epiphany begins after the 12 Days of Christmas.... You can leave that tree up til January 6th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love dinner :) Thank you for sharing all! This is really nice. Next time also write about Anti Aging food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the additional information with us, kindly write about credit card processing

    ReplyDelete