Photobucket


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Ingredient Sausage Balls

I make these at Christmas and completely forgot I was going to blog the recipe.  Since the Super Bowl is next Sunday in Dallas (I do not want to even be in the city for the madness), I thought now would be a great time to share this very easy appetizer recipe for any of you planning on hosting or attending any Super Bowl parties.  You can toss them in a big ziplock bag and take them with you and they do well reheating in a microwave.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground pork sausage (I prefer the spicy variety, but use any kind you like.)
2 C Bisquick baking mix
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine sausage, bisquick and cheese.  (I recommend you gradually add the bisquick and cheese to the sausage.  Use your hands and a little strength to knead ingredients together.)


3. If you're not using a silicone baking mat like the Silpat (it will change your life), then spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.  Form into 1.5 inch balls and place on baking sheet. 


4. Bake for 7 minutes, turn sausage balls over and bake an additional 7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.  
[via]
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I've never heard of nor seen using bisquick! I'm testing this baby out for sure! AND those silicone baking mats are the BOMB for sure!

    ReplyDelete