Photobucket


Monday, February 13, 2012

My Lazy Weekend Wrap-up

My brother aka roomie was out of town this weekend so I had the place ALL to my lonesome sans nephew, sans puppy and sans him.  Cue the freaking angels.  Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but I really miss living alone and enjoyed my peaceful weekend all to myself.  

Friday night I had dinner with a few high school friends at a wood-fire Italian pizza restaurant in Downtown Plano called Urban Crust. The wait was an hour and a half, so we went next door for a few bevys while we waited.  

Saturday I got to sleep in which NEVER happens on Saturday because normally I babysit Reesey until 2 p.m. Sleeping in and getting to do whatever I want on a Saturday?  I mean, I didn't know what to do with myself.  I woke up at noon, made an egg white and turkey bacon english muffin sang then sipped on coffee in my Snuggie.  

I spent Saturday night on my couch watching Walk the Line, which I started crying only 8 minutes into. Typical.
I could not decide which DVD to watch.
I got bored so I decided to play around in the kitchen.  I invented a pastry and to my surprise, it turned out really good and is so easy to make.   I'm no scientist so don't quote me, but each pastry puff should be around 250 calories (maybe less) if my calculations are correct.  

If you want to recreate this pastry, here is how:

Ingredients:
1. 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed and cut into 6 pieces
2. 6 one inch cubes of reduced fat Philidelphia cream cheese
3. 6 slices of strawberries
4. 6 teaspoons of strawberry preserve
5. Egg wash (one egg + 1 tbsp water)
6. Cinnamon

Directions:
Thaw your pastry sheet and cut into 6 pieces.  In the center of each pastry sheet, place a teaspoon of strawberry preserve, then a cube of cream cheese and top with a strawberry slice.  

Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray.  Place each sheet in the pan and close seam.  
Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon.  

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve with a side of cool whip and another dash (or 2) of cinnamon.  

Sunday I slept in again and then I had brunch with my friend Kathryn and her hubs. BLT with fresh avocado anyone? 

I then spent the rest of my day cleaning and doing laundry.  I can finally see the bottom of my closet, which I probably haven't seen since I moved in October.  

There you have it.  After writing this post, I see I apparently spent my weekend eating.  #fatty  I swear I burned some calories sweeping, mopping and dusting.  At least I hope so.
Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pastry recipe!! i been wanting one every sense you posted the picture on instagram. Sounds like you had a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks amazing, I wish we had that place in Houston! And your recipe looks so yummy!!! Nothing wrong with eating all weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ALWAYS have the BEST food!!! How do you stay so itty bitty!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl that food looks good!! Sure sounds like a splendid Saturday to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love lazy weekends full of nothing to do. And that pastry looks delish....I could probably eat the entire pan of them.

    Oh, and big thank you for commenting on my vlog yesterday. I love reading your blog, and it made me feel like a rockstar! ha

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and forgot one thing, I'm going to buy that fashwash your reccomended. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hands down the best part of this post was the Snuggie. I think I am their #1 customer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That BLT looks amazing! And that about sums up most of my weekends. Especially lately since my hubby has to work every Saturday thanks to Tax Season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lazy weekends are the best :) Those pictures have my tummy growling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't believe you invented a pastry. like i can't even think to do shit like that. next time you should put wet cat food in the pastry...a little "gravy." i bet it would taste like chicken soup..but better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your food looks amazing. I love a good solo weekend to do whatever you please. You did good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That kind of weekend is the BEST. My favorite part: coffee in a snuggie. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, when I saw the pic of your pastry on instagram I kind of thought it was a mini baby chicken. I don't know why...? I might need glasses.

    I bawled watching "Water for Elephants" this weekend. Bawled. Hubs was concerned. I don't even think it's a movie where many people would cry??

    I want that BLT right this second. And that pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sounds like the perfect weeken.d ptl for some time off. and for chick flicks. seriously. also, next time you have a few hours to yoruself, go see The Vow. SUCH a good movie. go go goooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! I NEED to make those pastries:) Those movies are all fantastic choices! I always pull out 4 dvds then narrow down my choices...Somehow The Hangover and Captain Ron are always thrown in there:) Great choice with Walk the Line!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your curly hair in that first pic!!!!!!!

    ok so first lemme say ive been blog absent this past week so this is me catching up. One, YES YES YES for the best local blogger win!!!! you ROCK sista!!

    i agree with jess...your food looks BANGIN. I want that avacado BLT!

    k MISS YOU! are you still coming to the CITY OF LIGHTS? aka Boston? aka i know its not called the city of lights but its a fab city and city of lights sounded really cool

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure you get the definition of 'lazy' cause you certainly weren't lazy! haha....I did nothing....as in ate like crap all weekend and laid around :) but it does sound like you had a fabulous weekend!! aren't low key ones the best?

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, those pastries look delicious! I'm impressed that you just invented them--I've never done anything like that. I get pretty creative with cooking (soups, etc.) but not with baking. I'm gonna try that one! By "strawberry preserves" do you basically mean jelly/jam?! So easy!

    Nothing wrong with spending your weekend sleeping in and eating. Sounds divine to me. My weekend was fun, but a little too busy now that I see what you did this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pictures are mighty impressive! You're getting pretty artsy with that snuggie/mug picture!!

    And, holy cow with the pastry invention!! The finished product looks like something out of some gourmet restaurant... and I'm not even kidding! I think you've found a new talent, you pastry chef, you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved the pictures girl! you are gorgeous! I wish I could have a saturday to sleep in. Every.single.morning I am up by 6 or 730 when I dont have school. Miss Sadie is an EARLY riser. ah! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. this sounds like the BEST weekend to me! and i'm sorry but anything that actually involves pots and pans in the kitchen does not count as lazy in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE lazy weekends! I was lazy all day Sunday & it felt great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you!! That sounds like a perfect way to spend a weekend. Your pastries look great. I have to remember to try those later.

    And now I think I know what I want for lunch...a BLT with avocado. ;)

    Have a wonderful week!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  24. You forgot sent videos of self drinking wine to DON's friends and rocked it out on the HeyTell. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Made the tarts! AAAmazing!! Thanks for sharing!! Ladies help me out!! New to blogging and need followers! Not sure how this world works :P

    ReplyDelete