Photobucket


Monday, December 5, 2011

Re-post: My DIY Christmas Card Display

How about a little festive DIY to get your week started off right?  Last year at this time I think I had less than 10 followers, so now that a few more of you are around these parts, I thought I would re-post this very easy DIY Christmas Card Display project. 

You can do this on any door in your house where you'd like to display your holiday cards. 

Recap of previous post:
I was sitting on my couch when my eyes kept catching the clutter of Christmas cards that had taken over my bar.  It wasn't long before I was off the couch and rounding up supplies for a little DIY project.

A few years ago I got a "Real Simple" book with everyday household solutions, which is what sparked my idea for this DIY project. One of the projects in the book suggested using double sided tape to hang ribbon on your refrigerator with mini clothespins to attach pictures, post cards, etc. to the ribbon.

I adapted this "ribbon on refrigerator" idea to hang cards from ribbon over the door to my laundry room. It was very easy to do and took all of 10 minutes. All you need is:
  • Festive ribbon
  • Hot glue gun 
  • Push pins
  • mini clothespins (Bought mine at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Can't recall)
First, I cut the ribbon I was going to secure the cards on to the length I wanted, and then cut a shorter piece to use to tie bow.

Next, I hung the ribbon over the door using a push pin to secure the ribbon on the other side of the door. I tied my bow, and hot glued it to the top of the ribbon.

The last step is to take the mini clothespins and secure your holiday cards to the ribbon. Before you know it, you have a festive DIY card holder!

Here are pictures of each element (hopefully the pictures will help make more sense then my explanation):







There you have it!  If you have any questions about the instructions, let a girl know.
Pin It

25 comments:

  1. Love this! I was thinking of doing something similar in our dining room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a simple but FABULOUS idea!!! I am totally going to do this for our cards!! We've received two so far and I just have them sitting on a table because I couldn't decide what to do with them this year. Thanks SO much for the great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute. i only have one christmas card so far...but maybe if more people love me and send me cards i'll have to use this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Love this! I actually was trying to find a cute DIY project like this...I think I am going to do this tonight :) Where did you buy the mini clothespins?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok this is SUCH a cute idea!! Totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cute idea...for the longest time my mother wouldn't throw away Christmas cards...I'd have to sneak them to the trash. I think I actually inherited some when she gave me her old decorations. *sigh*...welp now I have something to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute thanks for the idea! now i am doing this! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! I need to order our Christmas cards... oops

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a fantastic idea!! so far I have 0...lol i know, im so effing cool

    but i do know i'm at least getting a few hahah but i LOVE this idea!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea!! I only have one card right now...maybe I could make this?! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No cards yet for me...then again my mailman seems to be on the every-other-day route. I seriously wonder about the postal service sometimes...

    Anyway, this is a cute idea that I might just have to steal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute.. I haven't gotten any cards, either. BOO! More DIY please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do realize in order for me to send you a Stone family Christmas card I need your new address. Get on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute way to display cards! I just stumbled across your blog and I'm so glad I did! You have so many great tips and ideas!! New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an easy and simple way to display the cards! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo doing something like this next year! I've been in a Christmas card rut.... Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do this too! :)

    Can we get a bow tutorial up in here please? Your bows are perfect .. jealous

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this idea on Pinterest also! Such a cute idea & I had forgotten about it until just now! NOW, what to do with the "Christmas card holder basket" that I bought YESTERDAY!?!? LOL!

    Thanks for this "repost"! I'm doing this tonight!

    Shayna
    mykitchenhomelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey, I remember this post from last year, which means you had AT LEAST 50 followers. Right? Am I right? Well, great idea, like I said in the last post, I am so doing this.

    ReplyDelete