Photobucket


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gift Idea: Chocolate and Vanilla Dipped Oreos with Sprinkles

Here I am with a last minute bargain gift idea that is perfecto for your co-workers, neighbors, babysitter, local wine store clerk (what?), etc.  

They are beyond easy to make and I promise you that the recipients of this dipped cookie will devour them. I made a batch Monday night, brought them to work on Tuesday and they were literally gone by lunch time.  Here are the instructions:


You may notice the candy canes in the picture above. I attempted to dip candy canes, but every candy cane I unwrapped was broken so I ended up throwing them in the trash.  Just stick to the oreos. 

*Lay out large pieces of foil or wax paper before you start step 3




Now you have 2 choices.  

1. You can throw them into a Christmas tin and take them to work for everyone to eat out of (what I did). 

2. Or you can do what I've done in the past and throw a handful of the cookies into saran wrap and tie with a bow to give as gifts.  
via
I've seen people top their dipped oreos with crushed candy canes:
via
Or turn them into "oreo pops", which I think you need double stuffed oreos for:
via
The possibilities are endless!  Get to dipping and spreading that Christmas Cheer, y'all.  3 more days till Kris Kringle is here ... eeeeep!


It's the 9th day of Christmas over at Carissa Explains It All ... Go ENTER!! A large tote is up for grabs!
Pin It

30 comments:

  1. Get. In. My. Mouth. NOW. I have not even eaten breakfast, and I am drooling. And not motivated to go to the gym now. Haha.

    Send some my way? (Kinda not kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm oreos. have you tried the triple double ones yet? heaven in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I am drooling on my outfit. I am so hungry now. I envy the people that can stick to a diet during the holidays cause this girl CANT'T!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgoodness, get in my freaking belly! NOW that looks amazing! i am drooling right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no really, my mouth is seriously watering right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going to have to try these... Gotta make goodies this weekend and not enough time to deal with the full cake ball or oreo ball thing. This may cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmmmmy!
    those oreos look amazing!
    and i love chocolate covered pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, totally making these for MYSELF. An entire bag. What up sugar high!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmmmmmm YES twins!!!! i made cookies like this the other night, peanut butter ritz crackers dipped in chocolate! sooo good.

    calories dont count during the holidays, amen for that....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just gained at least a pound from READING this and drooling over the pictures (maybe the amount of drooling actually made me lose some of that pound I gained haha). I totally want these now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mouth is watering! Ah, so delicious. I now have to go out and get the ingredients to make these....and gain 5lbs. Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! Those look so awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the sweetest thing ever (no pun intended!)!! (: Feel free to mail me the extras!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's official: you are a Christmas cookie making genius.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to make some of these cookies! But I'm kinda lazy...oops. Maybe tomorrow night I'll get crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea! These are all so pretty and I want to eat.it.all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lazy girls solution: Buy the Oreos that are already chocolate covered (Target has an abundance of them this time of year), grab a container of chocolate frosting, spread a little bit of frosting on top, add sprinkles and DONE! Lazy and I HATE melting chocolate.. bad memories from a Rice Krispies peanut butter ball incident. OR you can buy the pre-chocolate-covered Oreos and decorate with colored frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy! this looks like my night last night... it was spent dipping pretzels and ritz crackers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look amazing! I think I might just have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES PLEASE...these look fab and super cute! Might steal this idea!! Thanks!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! These look so good! One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is bake and make sweets! I might need to add these to my list for Friday when I start making this years treats!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh. My. Gosh.

    I must try these, they look soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. why must you post such things? i'm getting fatter just looking at these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why must you be so crafty? It brings my self esteem way down. Ha ;) xoxo loooove you ba hum bug.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummo! I always make oreo balls dipped in almond bark for Christmas...they are always the biggest hit!

    ReplyDelete