Photobucket


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Bargain Blonde Christmas in pictures (a lot of pictures)

I'm so proud of myself for finally figuring out how to take a picture of a Christmas tree like this!
I had a very blessed Christmas and I hope you all did as well!  I love, love, love (did I say love?) seeing how you and your fams celebrate the holidays, so I hope you enjoy today's post about how we, a little family in Texas, celebrated Christmas.

On "Christmas Eve, Eve", we looked at Christmas lights in a nearby neighborhood that is known for their beautiful and over-the-top lights.
That sign you can't read in the picture says to tune into a radio station.  The station plays music that the lights on this house flash to in sync.
Oh hello, Santa.  He was passing out candy to all the cars that drove by his house. 

After the tour of lights, we had presents with my nephew because he was staying in Dallas with his Mom and Dad while me and my mom and flew to San Antonio to spend Christmas at my Grandma's with my aunt, cousin and great aunt.  Here is the little Reesey Piecy opening some of his presents:
For his birthday I got him a play kitchen, so I gave him some play fruit that you pretend slice with a knife.  He was clearly excited about this gift.  
A pop-up "Dash the Dino" tent.
His very first alarm clock that barks like a puppy to wake him up. Look at his little toddler feet in socks! I die. 
And from my Grandma (his Great Grandma), an embroidered apron and chef hat to wear while playing with his kitchen. So cute!
 On Christmas Eve morning we flew to San Antonio and by 11 a.m., we were at my Grandma's in Boerne:






A little vintage bargain blonde with my brother.  Is Reese not his freaking TWIN!?
We almost immediately went to downtown Boerne to one of my favorite restaurants for the Mexican food and margaritas:
Hands down the best chalupas ever in the history of ever. 
Margarita on the rocks with salt.  The only way to go.
Later we finished wrapping presents to put under the tree:


We played the card game Canasta and I drank a dee-lish vodka, fruit juice and peppermint drink my aunt whipped up for me. Highly recommend throwing a candy cane in your drink.

We had some dessert too, which was a cake my grandma made that has apparently won red and white ribbons in county fairs.  Would you like a piece?

Reese's mom text me this pic of him on Christmas Eve night after setting cookies and milk out for Santa:

We woke up Christmas morning and had coffee and toast from homemade bread:
I don't think I have ever had homemade bread before. It was amazeballs. 
Then it was time to open all of theseeeeee. Cue the angels.


I'm saving all of my gifts for tomorrow's post, but here is a sneak peak of one of my favorites. Introducing Lindsey the cat:
Meow.  Ridiculous, yes.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  Cats drink mimosas?
I also got my cousin a ridic hat so she wouldn't be left out on all the fun:

After presents we had lunch cooked by my Grandma.  On the menu was a Honey Baked Ham, scalloped potatoes, yellow squash from her garden and pea salad. It was yummy in my tummy.


Christmas night we watched The Help and drank hot chocolate.

The next day my cousin and I went shopping before a late lunch at Teka Molino, my favorite restaurant in the entire universe.  I have dreams about these puffy tacos and if went to death row tomorrow for shanking a ho, this would be my last meal:
You don't even know
After lunch, I was off to the airport and back to Dallas by dinner time.  Woo, wee.  Tomorrow I'll show you all my gifts, but now I'm off to read all of your Christmas recaps.  I hope Santa was good to y'all!!!
Pin It

43 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures!! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...NOW I am hungry!! haha Looks like an amazing Christmas!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the pictures. and i don't care who you are. those "cat" pictures of you are still hot. i swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your pics! Can you please teach me some camera tricks?! I suck at photography! LOL

    Reese is ADORABLE!! Seriously, a play kitchen?! LOVESSSSS it!

    Food all looks amazing! I love Mexican! YUMMMM-O!

    So glad you had a great Christmas! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- you were not even kidding! Picture overload for sure but they are all so great! Your grandmother's house is gorgeous!! Your tree is so pretty! and HUGE!! haha so many presents. Oh yeah, and now I'm hungry. Thanks ;)

    fyi- I'm having a fun little giveaway this week so make sure you check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Christmas!! Seriously, could your nephew be any more precious?? Can't wait to see what all you got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE all the pics! I need to come to your neck of the woods for Christmas- y'all have some good lookin' food!! And the pics of you in your cat hat? Just awesome. : )

    Oh and the vodka drink with the candy cane? Sign me up, please and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas girlie girl! Looks like a fabulous one! <3 Mimosas on Christmas morning :)!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My gosh your nephew is super cute. He is def going to be a heart breaker. You are so cute:) I want that hat!!! I have never had a mimosa I have def led a shelter life. hehehe I been meaning to do my christmas recap but ugh work= CRAZY!!!! Cant wait to see all of your gifts

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of your pictures!!! I hardly got any pictures this year because we all over the place :/ It def looks like you had a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My lindsey leslie lou bear! LOVE all the pics! Love my nephew from another person I don't know ha! He is PRESH!!! Him and G would definitely be bff's. I want to eat mexican with you. when are you coming to my house? merry christmas and I love YOU to the moon and back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a incredible Christmas! Love all the pictures ... and wowza to all the gifts under the Christmas tree!

    and the food ... oh the food. looks so, SO, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like you had such a wonderful Christmas with all kinds of family! Can't wait to see the continuation tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas recap. It looks like you had the best time! I have to say though, we have a restaurant in MI that has those exact kind of puffy tacos. It is my favorite restaurant in the world too! It's called El Charros. I think this means you can come to MI now to visit! :) Can't wait to see your presents :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person drinking mimosas in the morning! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome Christmas!!! Your grandmas house is beautiful ... and you in the furry hat?- Total VS model shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want the coffee with homemade bread/toast!! LOVE the cat hat pix--meow! Love me some mimosas. Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like there must be something wrong with me that what I'm taking away from this post is that I need to go eat some refried beans right this second. I mean, the other stuff was nice too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO much to comment on! That first picture is sooo pretty! Now I'll have to figure out how to take a picture like that :)

    Your nephew is adorable! I looked at his little feet before reading your comment and thought the exact same thing! Oh, and your grandma's house is beauuuutiful!

    Now, let's talk about the pictures of you as a cat. You look like a model. Not kidding. Even if you are wearing that hat. Gorgeous! It sounds like your Christmas was full of fun and family and lots of yummy food. Mmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE all these photos lindsey!!! what a fun and festive christmas it looks like you had.

    lindsey the cat looks like she is saying Raaarrrrrr not meow. she has way more sass than that :-) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How much fun! I love Boerne. That's where I got hitched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda, its not even funny any more. I need that Cat outfit. I'm fairly certain Kevin might find it sexxxaayy. Just kidding. He might try to burn it due to its high degree of ridiculousness, which makes me want it even more. xoxooxoxo- Carol

    ReplyDelete
  24. ...and I'm starving now after looking at all those food pics!! (& not to mention, in need of an adult bevvie!)

    PS-Lindsey the cat looks a lot like a VS angel. Yes!? (Especially the first one!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! Looks like you had a great weekend with family! Don't cha just love Christmas? I think I'm falling into a slow depression now that it's all over! Anyway, I think it's REALLY nice that you have such a nice relationship with Reese's mom.. to where she even texts you. That's so nice for everyone involved, especially Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had an awesome Christmas! Thanks for putting mine to shame. I'll take a do over right about now. Jkjk but really do you want to trade one Reese for one 7 year old diva for a day? How cute is he?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the post girl and you are an AWESOME picture taker aka photographer! lol. youre one gorgeous kitty cat! Meow as Sadie would say! haha looks like you had an A+++ Christmas!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    What color polish is that?

    ReplyDelete
  29. If I celebrated Christmas, I think this how I would like mine to be. I love the fact that you got the nephew a kitchen set for his birthday/Christmas...

    & OMG, how freakin' adorable do you look as a cat...I need that! Where is that from? Too cute, & you just look sexi.

    xo SARMIN

    ReplyDelete
  30. Three things:

    1: What a wonderful Christmas you had! Loved ALL the pictures!

    2: You could model that Cat hat. Absoultely adorable!

    3: Canasta!!! When I read that, I got more excited than I should have. My in-laws play that game & got me hooked years back. I never heard of anyone else ever playing it until now - LOVETHATGAME!!!

    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Now it's time to bring in a New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Linds... you are SO presh!!! I loved looking at every single picture!! I wish my Christmas's were like this! My mom doesn't even put up a tree! ):

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dude. I love the cat hat. Any thoughts on where I can get one that looks more wolf-ish for tailgating purposes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all your pictures! This post kinda makes me hate myself for not taking any pictures at Christmas. Sadz :(

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love it! So how do you take pics of the tree that way??

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay so you need to get on the beer bread train STAT. It involves four ingredients.
    Mix 3 cups of self-rising flour, 2/3 cup sugar, and one beer (any kind) in a bowl. Mix mix mix. Pour into loaf pan. Pour 1/2 stick melted butter (salted, duh) on top and bake 50 mins at 375. Then, pour other 1/2 stick on mostly-cooked beer bread and bake 10 more minutes.

    It will be the easiest thing you've ever done and will revolutionize your life. People are amazed (and salivating) every time I make it, and it's hilariously easy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. WAIT! I mean 1/3 cup sugar. Important amendment! Here's my post about it: http://bicoastally.blogspot.com/2010/09/beer-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. How did you take the picture like that? I NEED to know! :)

    ReplyDelete