Photobucket


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Very simple DIY holiday card holder

Last night I was sitting on the couch with my mom (she flew into Dallas Monday) who was forcing me to watch "Skating With the Stars". I love me some Bethenny Frankel, but that show is awful.

Anyway, I was bored, and my eyes kept catching the clutter of Christmas cards that had taken over my bar, and it wasn't long before I was off the couch and rounding up ribbon for a little DIY project.

A few years ago I got a "Real Simple" book with everyday household solutions. One of the projects in the book suggested using double sided tape to hang ribbon on your refrigerator with mini clothespins to attach pictures, post cards, etc. to the ribbon. I did this project in my previous apartment, but when I moved about a year ago, I never got around to doing it again for some reason.

So, I adapted this ribbon on refrigerator idea to hang cards from ribbon over the door to my laundry room, which is in my kitchen. It was very easy to do and took all of 10 minutes. All you need is some of your favorite ribbon, hot glue, push pins and mini clothespins.

First, I cut the ribbon I was going to secure the cards on to the length I wanted, and then cut a shorter piece to use to tie bow.

Next, I hung the ribbon over the door using a push pin to secure the ribbon on the other side of the door. I tied my bow, and hot glued it to the top of the ribbon.

The last step is to take the mini clothespins and secure your holiday cards to the ribbon. Before you know it, you have a festive DIY card holder!

Here are pictures of each element (hopefully the pictures will help make more sense then my explanation):







How do you display holiday cards from family and friends?
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. A very pretty display!
    Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meig!! I'm new to this whole blog-o-sphere, your comment made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I totally copied it! My husband was so impressed with it! I finally gave in and told him I didn't come up with the idea and I stole it from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha that's great Kendall, I want to see pics of yours!!

    ReplyDelete