Photobucket


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

To: Lindsey ... Love, Santa

This is not a "omg come fawn over what I got for Christmas because I am so awesome and privileged post" (valley girl voice).  Trust. I am not that girl and y'all should know this by now.  I use $5 shampoo and drink gas station wine like it's going out of style. I want to know what YOU got for Christmas, so I figured your pretty little faces might want to see what old St. Nick left for me under the tree.

All right, now that we got that settled, shall we take a look at my goods?

First up is the now infamous cat hat, which was quite a hit in yesterday's post.  If you'd like to embrace your inner feline, you can get your own at your local Target.  Target has it all, but we already knew this.
And to those of you saying I look like a Victoria's Secret model in the first pic: bless you.  You are blind ... i mean kind.
You might be a wine-o if ...

You get three bottles of wine, wine stoppers, a high heeled wine holder, a wine opener, magnetic wine charms, wine tissues, wine napkins and four more of your favorite wine glasses from your family for Christmas. *hangs head in shame*

I don't think I can continue on with this post any longer without showing you my new beloved.  The Michael Kors Gansevoort Large Tote in Teak. It was love at first sight and I've been coddling her like a baby ever since.


My mom and I found this Jewelry Armoire from the Cottage Collection at Target for half off, which matches my new room perfectly . Obvs i had to have.  While we're on the subject, I hope to do a tour of my room soon.  It's almost complete!

Looks like so when opened:

My grandma got me a few new gadgets for the kitchen.  A legit Paula Deen colander because my previous ones from my college days were tiny, plastic and deformed.  Look ma, I'm all grown-up with a big girl colander.

A mashed potato masher because I didn't own one and "every body knows" (Phaedra Parks) a good Southern girl needs to know about to properly mash a tater:


And because I'm obsessed with Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton and they got married on Don Strange Ranch like I want to some day, my Grandma got me this book filled with Don Strange's famous recipes as well as  personal anecdotes by the blog's author and his wife of 48 years.  
I've only had a chance to skim, but I already love it and want to try out so many of his recipes like yesterday.

Speaking of Miranda and Blake,  I also got her latest CD, Four the Record.  I cannot stop listening.  Every girl needs this CD because her songwriting is just beyond.  "The Same Old You" goes out to Lucifer, the ex.

I'm now the owner of this 10-piece baking set perfect for cooking and storing in the same dish. Loves.

Now for the beauty items.  Another new prized possession: a CHI BLOW DRYER!!  This Chi dryer dries my hair so much faster and makes it so much smoother than my old Revlon blow dryer. You don't even know.
When you have ridiculously thick and Amish length hair like me, you need this in your life.

I also got a baby curling iron to match my regular one:

My cousin got me this Fekkai Glossing Starter Kit, which I used for the first time yesterday.  I can't remember the last time my hair felt this soft, so needless to say, I'm now a believer in hair glossing.

I got a much needed refill on my face lotion, the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturing Gel.  The best for oily skin IMHO.  I don't know how I ever went without this every day.

I didn't take pictures of all of my stuff, but I also got a new set of chocolate brown sheets for my bed, all the clothes I asked for on my wish list, jewelry, VS lip gloss and pj bottoms, Starbucks gift cards, e.l.f. make-up, Clinique make-up, scarves and gloves, etc.

I am blessed beyond belief and my family did way too much.  Santa must have put me on top of his nice list this year, but really ... do you blame the guy?  KIDDING.
Pin It

60 comments:

  1. i want to try that fekkai kit...I'm just so darn stingy when it comes to spending a lot on hair products, but I KNOW it can make a big difference.

    and lovely bag!!! jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackpot! :) 1) Everybody knows I love your Phaedra shout out. 2) Your wine glasses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i LOVE that jewelry armoire and that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that purse!!!! Actually I love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo may have to get the Chi dryer! Being that mine quit this morning, while my hair was still soaking wet.... Damnit!

    And the wine opener and rabbit corks you will love! I use both daily ha!

    Sounds like Santa was awesome to all if us this year! Go boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O and that purse.. I die... Ole Mr. Kors, he never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great Christmas!! Good for you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome stuff! I love that purse! I gotma new MK purse for Christmas too. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I want to be adopted by your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That purse is gorgeous! And you will love your Pyrex containers- I have some and they are perfect for leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. please post about hair glossing. i want to know all the details.

    2. that purse. i die. i want. in fact i am googling right now to find it. my future husband does not appreciate that. ;)

    3. that blow dryer = <3

    merry christmas!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looooooove that purse! I've had a CHI dryer for years, and it truly doesn't compare to a drugstore one. I have HUGE hair and it really helps smooth it. Not to mention cut the drying time down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got that same yellow colander! And that Clinique moisturizing gel...it is my favorite thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that bag! It is beautiful!

    You look adorable in that hat! But really, when don't you?!

    I need that jewelry armoire in my life. Like asap.

    I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linds! I don't even know what to say about this post! i absolutely love everything you got for Christmas! and I need to take pics of my stuff but i don't think it would even compare to what you got! That is so awesome...i as well got some "big girl stuff" I would have never thought I would get excited over kitchen or cleaning stuff! But I did!

    and I need that blow dryer. now. now. now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like you were a lucky girl! :) LOVE everything you received! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always wondered if Chi blow dryers were any better than the cheap ones--I know their straighteners are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dangggg girl... you got some good stuff! I love that you did this post. All the wine stuff is hilarious. Good GOSH your family must know what you love :)

    That Michael Kors bag is such a beauty! That color is one of my favorites right now!!! I would never want to leave its side.

    Great steal on the jewelry armoire! Pretty excited to see this room tour soon, by the way! The baby curling iron is adorable... I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. Sounds like it was an amazinggg Christmas for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got a whole Paula Deen cookware set! WOO HOO for grown up cookware. And LOL @ the wine gifts. too. funny. xo

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that jewelry chest! I was looking at the one from pier 1, but let's be real. That's way too much money for what I need it for. The one from target looks perfect! And I am definitely going to have to try the frekkai products - I'm all about babying my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  21. girl you made out like a bandit! can i get one of everything please?

    my fave gift this year were my pink sparkly toms, i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dang girl! You really must've been good this year!! I love all of your gifts and if you get tired of any of them just go ahead and send them my way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE that purse. Like, seriously love. And duh. Miranda's new CD is the bomb.com. Yes, I just said that. Lol.

    You did good this Christmas! Love everything you got!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the pyrex baking set. I've had mine for about two years. BB&B had them on clearance a while back. They don't stain like most plastic dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, you convinced me about the Fekkai kit. I want that. Do you think they have that jewelry box online at Target? That's perfect for me right now because the massively huge one I want with the mirror isn't happening until I buy my house! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good loot girl!! You really must've been nice this year ;) and that bag?!-i die!!! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your wine accessories!!! My favorite gift this year was a red wine aerator...delish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look at you with all the wine accessories - I couldn't help but notice how cute everything was however I believe whoever designed the tissues could have given homegirl some perky boobies instead of what they did. Am I wrong?

    Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, it's amazing what excites you {like the colandar} as you get older! I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet presents! I got the same Pyrex dishes set :) As well as a wine rack, electric wine bottle opener, 2 bottles of wine, and a pump to remove the air for keeping leftover wine fresh (who has leftover wine?) Woot woot! for wine-related presents :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Girl you must have been an angel this year cause you racked up on some presents. I love it all. I also got the new Miranda Lambert cd and am listening to it while I type this:) I can def relate to all of her songs. I also got Blake Sheltons new cd.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got tons of fun little things for Christmas! I'm also totally not the "OMG look at all my awesome expensive brand name gifts!" sort. This year my best and biggest present was a Hoover floormate. haha

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love it all! WOW!

    You do look like a VS model!

    Love all the wine accessories and Miranda's CD awesome!

    I also want the mini curling iron -- adorable! And that CHI blow dryer .. amazing!!!

    Santa definitely had you on the nice list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. See my Christmas post would be boring because I got an iPad and a pair of slippers and that's it. I mean, granted, they are awesome and I am beyond satisfied but it doesn't really fill a post. You got hooked up, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm pretty sure I NEED that jewlery armoire! I may just order it now as a late present to me :)

    XO
    Emmy
    www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i love this clinique stuff. ive been using the three step stuff since black friday and i am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love my Fekkai glossing conditioner! I use it after Aussie Cleanse and Mend shampoo to even out the cost. Does wonders! I'm glad you had a great Christmas!

    Lilly
    pancakesandbeetjuice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. your mom just sent me an email and said she is adopting me into the family so i can have a christmas like this.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just drooled a bit over that MK bag! There's an Outlet right down the road that I go into all the time & lust over the merchandise. Maybe for my upcoming birthday, I'll sweet talk someone into buying me one ;-)

    Or just buy one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  39. All of these are great presents... but my favorite is that purse! I WANT! LOL So amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. My family totally got me wine accessories too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love, Love, Love all of it. Question...did you buy a Chi diffuser for the dryer? I really need a new hair dryer, but need one that has a great diffuser since my wig is a total curly fro. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ahh, Don Strange is SO beautiful! I was this close, -- , to booking it for my October wedding but staying closer to Houston is making it much easier on the fam-damnily. I obsesse over weddings there though, def creep on the website all the time!

    Looks like you got some great stuff, love the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. you got some great things girlie!! I esp love the MK bag and the jewelry armoire! xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love that bag & I plan to get it soon with my Christmas money! & I love the blow dryer, I have lion like hair and it saves me a lot of time!! & love the jewelry armoire! I'm a new follower and so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  45. you got loaded!! LOVE THE BAG! and all the wine stuff and I love love love Fekkai products!

    you one hot ass bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Looks like you had a GREAT Christmas! I LOVE your new purse!

    ReplyDelete
  47. So much to say. First of all, you look adorable in your cat hat. Secondly, I got a bunch of kitchen stuff this year too (that I very much wanted)--does this make us old? My loot included: a le creuset dutch oven, an immersion blender (my new favorite thing), and fancy knives. Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I finally bought elf stuff thanks to you!!! I couldn't find the mineral powder at Target, but I bought the tinted moisturizer and a highlighter for my stepmama's stocking. More to come! So far I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Am I crazy for being most envious of the Pyrex set? ...

    ReplyDelete
  49. I LOVE that Michael Kors bag. I need!!!! I also need a good potato masher...I realized this on Christmas day when I was mashing taters with a raggedy masher! haha

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the MK bag!!! And jewelry armoire. So cute! I also use the Clinique dramatically diff moisturizer gel in the winter. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Haha I just love you! Glad you got some cool things too and I can't believe you are just now getting four the record. I have played it over and over since the day it came out! Get pistol Annie's too if you like older country!
    Xoxo ittybittywhitty

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love Fredericko. He's my homesickle. But he is a pricey bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The wine related stuff too cute, especially the napkins. I have been lusting after a MK bag for what seems like two years now...LOVE your new baby, um yeah totally feel free to send to Phx for some vacation, idk... Gorgeous, gorgeous! I haven't yet clicked on the Jewelry Armoire link, how much was it? Why are they so expensive? I saw one for $150, on sale btw, um yeah I would use $150 to buy more accessories/jewelry...Its very cute. I like knobs. The blow dyer/curling iron, adorable. Clinique DDM is amazing!!!
    & your cat hat, I still haven't gone to Target, I know, I know...& you so do look like a VS Angel in those photos.

    xo Sarmin

    ReplyDelete