Photobucket


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How-to: Easy fake lash application

Before I get to the main event, I had to show my chi curled baby poof.  I watched Pink Lou Lou's "how-to poof" instructional "booze bag" video (Her sis calling her a booze bag in the vid was my fave part)  last night.  You may not know this, but PLL is THE best hair poofer this side of the Mason-Dixon line ... just a little FYI.

So this is my attempt at recreating her magical poof. Mine is a baby poof.
 What's with my hand looking like a creeper claw?
OK, enough about my sucky poof skills, In yesterday's post I said I would try to put together a step-by-step "how-to" for my false lash application trick if i could figure out how to explain it.  Well, I'm still not sure I've figured it out, but here's my best effort.  You can't say I didn't try.

You need these three things: lash strips, lash glue and tweezers.
Please excuse my haggard MAC lashes, they have been used and abused.  They're just a prop.
Before you do anything, apply your eye make-up as your normally would including eyeliner and mascara if you wear it.  Read about my eyeliner obsession here and my fave mascara here.

So once you've applied your make-up and are looking gorge, follow these steps:

1. Put a generous dab of eye lash glue on the back of your hand. 

2. This next step may sound weird, but just go with it ...
3. Transfer the glue from the tube to the lash line.

4. Wait about 30 seconds for the glue to become tacky. 

Use tweezers to apply the lashes to your natural lash line, getting as close to the base as possible.  Tweezers make it much easier to manage the placement of the lashes as opposed to trying to use your fingers.
Do as I say, not as i do.  I had already washed my face when I remembered i was going to do this how-to for y'all. 
You want your make-up done before applying lashes. 
5. Use your fingers to press and hold the lashes in place until they are completely dry.  
Here's the finished product.


(I'm wearing MAC lashes in this pic because this was taken 
prior to me discovering the bomb $1 elf natural lashes.)

[SOME FINAL WORDS OF BLONDE WISDOM]
  • If this is your first time ever wearing lashes you should know they are going to feel weird when you first put them on, but you'll get used to it and it's totally normal.  Just trust me.
  • To remove the lashes, use a warm wet wash cloth.   Let's be honest here ... I'm normally stumbling into my bathroom after a night out, seeing double and just rip those hoes off.  Totally kidding No I'm not.
  • I've come to the conclusion that I  have larger than normal eyes.  Lash strips are never long enough for my eyes,  but a lot of people have to cut their falsies down to fit their eyes.  If you are one of those people, just cut them to fit.
It's time!  Get to glamming your eyes up ladies!  I wanna see pics of your lush lashes if you try this how-to.  I hope it helps.  Do you have any additional tips I didn't cover?
Pin It

32 comments:

  1. woohoo love this!!! i guess i never really considered using the back of the glue tube to get the line for application on the lashes. duh.

    i also liked that you mentioned you fail to take them off with warm washcloth LOL!!!! i normally rip mine off in the back of whoever's car that is driving and throw them in my purse...only finding them days later (ewwww).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be trying this out soon! Thanks for the tips lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH I AM SO EXCITED. I am going home tonight to poor myself a glass of Santa Margherita and try these tricks of blonde wisdom. PS is boozebag not your new favorite word? My sisters are not right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tutorial! very interesting with the whole glue on the back of the tube trick. i might have to try that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I love this tutorial. The next time I need to get dressed up I think I'll try it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing tutorial. love this. so so happy I found your blog. I'm totally following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmph..I had a bad bad experience with fake lashes..where I put them on and the glue mistakenly got stuck to my contact lense because my hand slipped and the lash went into my eyeball..NOT SO PRETTY!!

    But this looks super easy I might have to try. I've always wondered about lashes...yours look soo natural but I'm worried mine will not!

    Oh and I have watched PLL's tutorial vids before and am jealous because her hair always seems to do exactly what she wants it to do haha mine never does!

    xoxoox you are GORG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a great way to apply them! I have another technique pretty close to this..I've been meaning to do a post about it and a product review for modlash (they sent me some free ones) ! great job girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hate you and your perfect hair. can you make mine look like that when i come visit? thanks! i'll pay you in a hug if you let me.

    and i really could have used these eyelash tips when i was transforming myself into snooki for halloween. where were you then?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a really good tutorial! Kudos!

    Oh, and your hair is GORGEOUS in the first picture!! If only I could wake up to a head of hair like that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. booze bag hahahaha! i saw that too, loved it. now I have a new name to call you HA!

    You are GORGEOUS! Those lashes look insane on you!

    and I was JUST going to say that when I wear fake lashes, they feel SO weird, so I was happy to hear you say that is totally normal :)

    oh, and excuse me that you have "larger than normal eyes." I feel SO bad for you. Big eyes and nice big plump lips and long luscious hair. Your life must suck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, I love your baby poof! So cute! I love your hair! Looks gorgeous with the curls!

    I think you should come to NY and help me out with fake eyelashes! Great tutorial! I will definitely try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must do this...Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love false lashes!! I used to wear them almost everyday...pre baby, husband and small town!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial! I've always used tweezers to apply fake lashes. But no matter how many times I apply them it still takes me FOR.EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the baby poof!

    That was a great eyelash tutorial, that's how they tell you to do it at MAC...you must be a pro. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO - who uses warm water anyways? Ya mean, ripping them off isn't what the instructions say? Thanks for the scoop - I don't wear mine as much because I can't get them right. Now I need to try your trick! Yeaya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm WAY impressed, girl! I wish I had your make-up savvy! This post is definitely getting bookmarked for future use :) I think your eyes are beautiful, even if you think they're "larger than normal"! Hope to see you for Friday's Fancies soon! xoxo {av}

    p.s. less than four days to get your entries in for my huge Whiting & Davis giveaway! a handbag of your choice could be yours...don't miss out :

    ReplyDelete
  19. you. are. hysterical.
    and this PLL person might be the most adorbale lil'adpi I've ever seen. thanks for that new blog to follow!

    Off to poof...

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahahahah i so just rip mine off. I usually do it when im driving home so that way if im focused on that, then im not focused on the pain thats about to come...this doesnt sound very safe now that i read it...hahahaha
    xoxo Inna :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. how good does it feel to peel them off after a long night off dancing and sweating to peel those bad boys off?! hahaha maybe my friends and i are just weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i just read my comment, what an IDIOT haha my 2 year old distracted me, apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy excellent post Bat Girl! :)

    I've mastered putting on false lashes from countless performances and recitals growing up as a dancer... but I never thought to use the end of the tube to put the glue on the lashes... So smart! Thanks for the tips..

    I love Elf too - especially their eye brushes. I think I might need to do some more shopping with them soon...

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahh I love falsies when the time is right :)I will definitely be trying the $1 lashes!! Great bargain find!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG can't believe I forgot to mention, GREAT poof as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. it's midnight and I just have to come back again and tell you how much I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove you.

    I looooooooooooove you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so funny! Just found your blog through another and wanted to say hi =) looking forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute poof blondie!

    & I pride myself on two things, one that has three parts to. 1, my boobs. Two my eyes/lashes/eyebrows. I have fairly long lashes, love them dearly. However, I saw that F21 had lashes for $2.80-$3.80, so I thought why not? Alil' ommph, won't hurt. & I want my Kim Kardashian eyes, the whole thing. Um, yeah I suck at applying them. I get one on, the other no such luck. I don't know what I am doing wrong, so I pretty gave up on fake lashes. & the thing that pissed me off, when I would be taking off the one that I placed, I would be taking out my OWN lashes out. WTF? I swear my left eye lashes are balding now. F that! I will just get them done at MAC once in every blue moon.

    However, I willing to try it one last time after reading this.

    xo $ARMIN

    ReplyDelete
  29. I literally learn something new from you every single day!

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yey! Love the tutorial! I'm such a freak when it comes to applying falsies... I have given up so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for this! I actually searched for it because I am wearing them tomorrow night... the ELF ones... you better not be kidding about how great they are TEE HEE!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I lack the imagination. For that reason I have to pack, stuff into my pockets odds and ends, passport, money, and go see what it's really like. Whenever the time of year or the weather changes, I have to pack up whatever I can't do without and visit all those places I've been before, to make sure they still exist.
    Flights to kinshasa
    Cheap Flights to kinshasa
    Cheap Air Tickets to kinshasa

    ReplyDelete