Photobucket


Thursday, June 16, 2011

"No heels allowed" Happy Hour

I don't know about you ladies, but in between the hussle and bussle of the "real world", it can be challenging to make time to see your girlfriends.  I miss college where we were always at the same places all the time, don't you?

The best way I've found to stay in touch is by meeting up for a quick happy hour after work to catch up on the latest gossip and share a few laughs. Unfortunately, those drinks and apps can put a dent in your checking account.  Mamma no likey.

My solution?  Switch off hosting a "No Heels Allowed" Happy Hour at your homes w/ your best ladies!  Tell them just to bring themselves after work and kick off their heels at your place.


ON THE MENU

BOOZE aka "The Sweet Nectar"
Serve your own Skinnygirl Margarita in a fun martini or margarita glass over ice garnished with fresh cut limes (salt the rim if you want):
  • 2 ounce(s) clear Tequila (Sauza or clear premium tequila)
  • A splash of fresh lime juice
  • A splash of Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec


or

Serve a girly spritzer with fresh fruit:
  • two parts white wine,
  • one part cranberry juice
  • one part ginger ale
  • fresh fruit of your choice

    Since we're less than a week away from it OFFICIALLY being summer and a 2 piece and I are STILL not getting along, may I suggest these low cal apps to pair with the above cocktails:

    MUNCHIES:

    Skinny Taco Dip (w/ Skinnygirl Marg)
    Click here for the recipe via Gia's Skinny Taste blog.  Seriously, go check her blog out if you are looking to cook healthy.  She has so many amazing, low-cal recipes that I don't even know what to make first.
    or

    Click here for the recipe via Gia's Skinny Taste blog. 

    The only other thing you need is some jams. My top 5 favorite summer songs right now:
    • "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars (my life anthem)
    • "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry (= me every weekend)
    • "On the Floor" Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
    • "Honey Bee" by my love, Blake Shelton
    • "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele
      There you have it ... the ingredients to host your very own "No Heels Happy Hour" with your besties. 

      Send out an email on Monday, find a day that works for everyone and let the party begin.  Just make sure you are switching off so not one person is always footing the bill.

      So what do you think?  Is this something you would do with your girls?
      Pin It

      38 comments:

      1. This is a great idea! And the recipes look fab!! You rock!!! :)
        Jenn @ Going the Distance

        ReplyDelete
      2. that sounds perfect... now can I just borrow some friends? mine all live at least an hour away... or leave me to go stay with their bfs all the time (ok fine that's one person)

        seriously though I prefer to drink at home with friends so I'm in love with this.

        CarissaExplainsItAll

        ReplyDelete
      3. First time I've stumbled upon your blog. You're kind of hilarious, and I kind of love it. New follower here! :)  MademoiselleMichael

        ReplyDelete
      4. This is such a great idea! Thanks for posting the recipes. I'm heading over to the Skinny Taste blog right now to follow : )

        ReplyDelete
      5. you should NOT be allowed to post taco dip on your blog. it makes my mouth water, it makes me hungry, and it makes me sad that i still have 28 minutes until i can leave work for lunch to get some mexican food.

        but keep posting those spritzers!!!! :)

        ReplyDelete
      6. This is such a fun idea! I love Skinny Taste- Gina has the best recipes!

        ReplyDelete
      7. These are fabulous! I love how all of them are low calorie and yes, it can be expensive to do a girls night!!
        Aesthetic Lounge

        ReplyDelete
      8. you are really smart. (in the voice of antoine dodson) the only BAD part about your little idea is that there are no boys to scope out. that's usually the only reason i like happy hour.

        so sad we don't live in the same city or we'd be HH'ing it up every week.

        ReplyDelete
      9. p.s. i make the same taco dip...except i don't use lettuce or tomato's. gross.

        ReplyDelete
      10. Love this idea! The food looks SO yummy, and my friends would totally be up for something like this.

        ReplyDelete
      11. What a fun post! Seriously this all looks so fun and I've been wanting to try that skinny girl margarita recipe so thank you for posting that. Everything looks delicious!

        xoDale
        www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

        ReplyDelete
      12. What a great idea! I like the suggestion of having lo-cal healthy snacks. Happy hour food is usually fried or creamy - which is sooooo fattening.

        Wish you lived closer! I have a new post up about my hair disaster yesterday. You should check out the before pictures - its pretty bad!
        Michelle :)

        http://www.hotpinkcombatboots.com/2011/06/german-hair-experience-before-and-after.html

        ReplyDelete
      13. Make sure you are wearing heels you can walk in, after having a few SGM....or a nearby mustang to lean on! LOL

        ReplyDelete
      14. This is such a cute idea! My problem is my best girlfriends are spread all over California! My closest girlfriends live 5 hours away! :( Booo I miss college for sure!

        ReplyDelete
      15. Great idea, darling! Nice change from the bars. And that girly spritzer drink? Yes, please!

        ReplyDelete
      16. I can't even tell you how often I miss college solely based off the fact that I could get together with all my girls at the snap of a finger. Totally love this idea (and would do it if I didn't now live on the other side of the country as my best friends!)

        Those recipes all look and sound DELICIOUS! I'll definitely be making the skinny taco dip! P.S. "Last Friday Night" is one of my favorite songs right now :) Love it!

        ReplyDelete
      17. You are SO CUTE! I LOVE this idea! Seriously, I might just be emailing my friends after reading this :)

        ReplyDelete
      18. Love this post! Love me some {cheaper} booze annnnd homemadeness.

        ReplyDelete
      19. I LOVE this post. We do girls night every thursday, but yes it adds up $$! This is a FAB idea!! I love love it! Oh by the way, I am gonna start having you dial in every thursday for happy hour. Yes? yes.

        ReplyDelete
      20. Brilliant idea! I always am trying to get people to STAY IN in LA (I think everybody wants to be seen) and this might be the solution.

        ReplyDelete
      21. Ok gather up some fab bloggy ladies and I will book a flight! This sounds like an awesome idea :-)

        Xoxoxoxo

        ReplyDelete
      22. I will do this, I just gotta learn how to make long islands 1st...
        I love long islands! I think I love alil' to much.

        xo $ARMIN

        ReplyDelete
      23. This is a great idea! Plus, after having a few cocktails, wearing heels isn't such a good idea - at least in my case! I'm a little bit of a klutz!

        ReplyDelete
      24. love this idea! I need that taco dip in my life right now.

        ReplyDelete
      25. what a fabulous idea! it is always nicer to sit and relax on the couch, sans heels than stand in a bar! ;)

        ReplyDelete
      26. OMG! I love your blog! Pink Lou Lou shared it on Twitter and I'm so glad she did! I just spent the better part of the afternoon reading all your past entries!

        ReplyDelete
      27. hellsyes! You know I'll be there. Life certainly sucks that I live all the way over here and you live all the way over there. cause I just love you so much. and yes I DO mean in the creepy kinda way!

        ReplyDelete
      28. I would so love to do this but my college friends all live about an hour away and getting to LA during the week is a scary thought lol! Love this idea though. Maybe a weekend meetup like this is something I can arrange :)

        ReplyDelete
      29. we used to have girl's night at a different part of the city every thursday....until all my friends moved away. haha

        but you are so right - happy hours w/friends are the best!

        hope you have fuuuun!

        ReplyDelete
      30. I love nights like this! Pretty sure I could devour that entire tray of mexican dip by myself-it looks so yummy and I love Gina's recipes!

        ReplyDelete
      31. Yes yes yes!!!! Best cooking blog. So totally agree with you.

        ReplyDelete
      32. TOTALLY a great idea! But I would have to do this at 7am bc of my work schedule. Who is in?? :)

        ReplyDelete
      33. My parents do Friday night pizza and beer. Same idea though, they get together with their two best friend couples and have pizza, beer and lots of good laughs.

        In short, I love this idea.

        ReplyDelete
      34. What a great idea this is! I could drink wine spritzers all day...ha!

        ReplyDelete
      35. I'm sure you've posted this before but where can I find the ELF cosmetics in store?

        ReplyDelete
      36. LOVEEEE this idea! You are so creative!! The drinks and apps sounds amazinngggg! I'm definitely going to check out Gia's blog! I love your playlist too! xoxo

        ReplyDelete
      37. What a great idea!! I think I'm def gonna have to bring this up to my friends for the upcoming weeks!!

        ReplyDelete