Photobucket


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mamma Likey: $1 false lashes

I still don't understand how me of all people, THE "Bargain Blonde", had never ever heard of the e.l.f. beauty line before I started blogging.  Please don't revoke my bargain blogging privileges! 

If you are out of the loop like I was, e.l.f. (stands for "Eyes Lips Face") is a cosmetics line that sells products at $1, $3 and $5 price points.  I recently boasted about my love for this $3 e.l.f. eye shadow brush, and since I had such a strong love connection with the brush, I decided to test out their falsies. 

I mean, I had nothing to lose since they were only $1.  I didn't have high expectations because you just never know, so I tried them randomly recently just for kicks and guess what??  Mamma likey!!  This is the exact kit I used:

e.l.f. Essential Natural Lash Kit

The lashes are REUSABLE. The set includes: Contour tray, lashes and a tube of lash adhesive gel
The e.l.f. Web site claims these falsies will help "achieve those batty lashes that will make any guy swoon."  I don't know about all that because no dudes were "swooning", but they are definitely pretty amaze.  And cheap.  One dollar make ya holla! 

I only wear falsies for special events and until a few years ago, I didn't know how to apply them myself so I only wore them when I got my make-up done at MAC (only place that does my make-up how I like).  So here I am in MAC lashes, which used to be my fave:


My friend taught me a trick, which has completely simplified the fake eye lash application process.  They are fairly easy to apply once you know what you are doing.  I'll do a step-by-step tutorial on applying lashes using the trick IF I can figure out how to properly describe it.  We'll see, so don't get your hopes up. 

HOWEVER, if I'm "keepin' it real" as my girl Raven says...

I do have one complaint about the e.l.f. lashes and I don't know if I was having a blonde moment, but I could not get ANY glue to come out of the tube that came with the kit.  I had eye lash glue on hand from Sally's, so I just used that.  Maybe I just got a faulty tube?  Anyway, the glue I use is Adell LashGrip Adhesive for Strip Lashes in dark (dries clear).
So I'm sure you're scrolling down waiting to see these bad boys in action, but I've got some bad, truly tragic news ... I am an idiot and forgot to take a picture of me wearing them that night, so just close your eyes and imagine that my eyes looked like they did in the pictures above. They really make my eyes pop, right?
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. i knewwww it! i saw the title of this post and i was like "homegirl ELFed it up". i was totally right!

    i havent tried their lashes yet but im kind of tired of trying the $8 sephora ones...so i will have to stock up on these before i leave!!! are these reuseable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!
    don't feel bad I didn't know anything about E.L.F before I came to blogland. I still haven't purchased anything from the line but I plan to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so where do I buy this stuff and when are we going to have a happy hour/teach Kendall how to put on fake eye lashes session???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe that you never had heard of the e.l.f. beauty line either! It's been around for ages GIRLY! haha :)

    I have NEVER ever been able to do false lashes. I always end up looking like a clown. when we meet, you show me, yes??

    love my linz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thiiis is so cutee! :) nicee blogg

    http://fashionislikeagum.blogspot.com/

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. scuse me I need tutorial. I can't get them to look right on my. FOR THE LOVE! got tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing, but I definitely need lessons before trying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They most definitely do! I love MAC's falsies, but I'm hopeless when it comes to doing them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I neve heard of ELf either till you talked about the brush then I went to get one! Love it! I'm sure the falsies looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm i'll definitely have to look for these. where do they sell ELF? my target had the saddest ELF selection. anywhere else?

    i tried individual lashes the other day "for fun".... let me tell you. it was NOT fun trying to rip those bad boys off. and of course i took no pics of it either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what's sad?! I've worked as a makeup artist and a consultant for Ulta and MAC and hadn't heard of elf at all until you mentioned it.

    I'm going to try these, they look fantastic and for a buck you cannot go wrong.

    I love the fact that you always find such fantastic bargains and the fact that I now know about them because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I LOVE ELF! Their products are so cheap but I feel they are great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog! I follow you.
    Elena•endondeyovivo•

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do they carry this at Target? If so, I'm pretty sure my aunt has a ton of their products and always raves about them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i knew as soon as i saw this title it was ELF!!! love me some falsies. thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to try falsies but having my hand and eye coordination (or lack thereof), I don't know if I'd be able to DIMY. Might have to call in the experts...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd never heard of ELF before blogging, either. I love false eyelashes and didn't even know they made them. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've learned about ELF in the blogging world too!

    I've always been afraid to use fake eyelashes. I like mine and I'm always afraid the glue will pull them off! HAHA

    Maybe I should just try and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always had a fear of false eyelashes but always wanted to try them too. Your tutorial made it seem so easy so I ran right out to buy the ELF kit! BUT...I had the same problem with the glue.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! I had tried Elf products many years ago (maybe high school?) but not until your post did I remember it! Totally went to Tar-jay and picked up a handful of products, including the false eyelashes! Can't wait to try them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Rf radio frequency skin tightening machine and Multifunction facial machine. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic and SpaEquipment websites.

    ReplyDelete