Photobucket


Monday, June 27, 2011

e.l.f. strikes again

I spent the better part of my Friday night perusing the aisles of Target with my Mom and neph. Yah, I'd be jealous too ... it's an exciting life I lead.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to get some new blog material, so I snuck a few e.l.f. items into our cart.  These 4 items to be exact.  Thanks Mom, 'preciate ya!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
1. e.l.f. Studio Makeup Mist & Set - $3
Contains Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E to moisturize and sooth your skin
This makeup mist & set is to hold your makeup in place "like hairspray for your hair."  I'm not sure if y'all are aware, but it's hotter than Ryan Reynolds in Texas right now.  The second you step outside, your make-up is guaranteed to melt off your face immediately.  Not cute.

I used this Saturday around 4 p.m., went to dinner and a several hours later, my make-up still looked fresh, especially my eyeshadow.   I definitely will be using this every day.  Once you finish your entire face, pump a couple of sprays with your eyes shut and you're set.  Literally.

2. e.l.f. Studio Tone Correction Powder - $3
The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutralizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red.
I have really fair skin, a super pink undertone. and it is extremely oily.  I totally struck the skin jackpot ... not.

e.l.f.'s "complexion perfection" claims to even out your skin tone and absorb excess oil.   I did a little research and it was supposed to do well with pale skin.  I'd have to use it a few more times to really know what I think of it, but so far I like it.  I wouldn't say it's a miracle worker, but it definitely gives you a good sheer, matte finish.

3. e.l.f. essential foundation brush - $1
 AGH!  My favorite of all 4 items.  Love, love, love e.l.f. brushes.  I'd totally put them against any high end brush as they are so soft and durable.  This brush is as amaze as the e.l.f. eye contour brush I raved about here.  This brush gives a really pretty, flawless finish and is only $1. 

If I had to tell you to run out and buy one of these 4 items, it'd be this. You must own stat.

4. e.l.f. essential natural lash kit
I've already blogged all about these bomb $1 falsies, so if you missed it ... catch up here.
The only reason I'm re-blogging about them is because this kit had new glue.  In my original review my only complaint was i counldn't get any glue out of the tube.

The new kit has gel glue with an awesome, easy-to-use applicator.  Just a little FYI.

My only problem now is I don't know what e.l.f. product I'll try next.  If there is anything you'd think I need in my life, let this Bargain Blonde know!
Pin It

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for the scoop! I'm such a product junkie and I've been waiting for a special occasion to try some false eye-lashes...(I sort of have this 1960's bombshell fashion fantasy)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need that makeup set spray I know about that TX heat. ugh! and def. going to try their brushes. I have been wanting some new affordable yet durable makeup brushes. thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this ELF line ... is it just at Target or what? Walmart too? Need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted this! I just recently discovered e.l.f. products ( I know, I'm super late) and I love reading reviews before buying anything so this was perfect! I'll definitely be getting that make-up mist & set spray next time I'm at Target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh la la, gotta try that mist stuff. I will see your Texas hot and raise you SC humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love elfs studio blushes and the bronzer. I also love their brushes, in fact i wish target carried all the new brushes they have added.
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think makeup setters win my new product of the year this year! I don't know how I functioned without them before this! I recently bought the makeup mist from elf based on Love,Lipstick,and Pearls review (my dumbass had previously been buying Urban Decays at almsot 30 bucks-gahhhhh!)...and its sincerely a wonderful product!

    I haven't tried the complextion product! But- I do have the foundation brush shown. I bought it recently as a backup for this winter to my other two (because I'm lazy and wanna clean my brushes less often haha!). Glad to know it works well!!!

    Andddd- the last time I went into Target I went to stock up on the lashes you had posted about!!!! And they didn't have them! I believe they were just outta stock- but I was NOT happy!!!!

    Love these products :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a date with tar-jay during my lunch break today to spend some of my birthday moo-lah. i will def be picking up some of that makeup set mist. thanks for the tip you little bargainista you!

    and speaking of setting your makeup. when i was in like 7th grade and started wearing makeup my friend and i would use hairspray to set our makeup. we thought it worked. no wonder i had bad acne as a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my favorite product from them is the bronzer in sunkissed. it's super shimmery so i just apply a little of it to my cheek bones. its pretty comparable to MAC's loose irridescent bronzer, but the elf powder is just a little lighter in color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent almost an hour last night on elf.com. I got a TON of make up for $30 and free shipping! I've never bought e.l.f. before, but if it's this cheap, it doesn't hurt to try! Glad to know you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need new makeup! Looks like I'm off to Target to look for these great buys! I have a wedding this weekend! So tempted to try the eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am literally heading over to target after work to get these brushes. I got a lot of mine at 50% to free when I did makeup, but they are needing replacing and spending $50 on a brush is a bit out of my budget currently. I cannot wait to try these!

    PS. NYC has their ribbed tanks back for $7.99!!!!! If you haven't seen them yet!

    OH and go entry my give away :-)

    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will definitely be picking up that mist and set spray pronto! I love that you said that it's hotter than Ryan Reynolds in TX, made me giggle. But I can relate.. the heat and humidity in the South are not kind to makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. DG (AKA dollar general) sells E.L.F, but not all that neat stuff, our DG is kinda lame here.
    we also need a dollar tree and 99 cent store here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I THINK YOU SHOULD PUT ME IN DRAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I want to try the spray now! haha I don't wear much make up (like I would like to, guess I don't know all the facts & how apply right...ha) but that makes me want to wear it more & try it out! I loved the make up for my wedding, it was that fancy, expensive stuff & it def stayed. I don't buy expensive make up though ha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow i guess i didn't realize they sell e.l.f. products at target. i will def be going there today to check these out!

    thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  18. YES just picked up the ELF brush at Target last night! so glad it got the Bargain Blonde seal of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES just picked up the ELF brush at Target last night! so glad it got the Bargain Blonde seal of approval!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So you basically got all of those goodies for $10! That's awesome! I need to start heading to the e.l.f. section because makeup is not cheap. Thanks for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love elf makeup...mostly because its so cheap. I haven't seen the make-up mist before...I'm definitely gonna have to get that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh i definitely wanna try the dollar lashes! my tar-jay has not had those... i also found they sell some elf at christmas tree shops (random i know)...

    love all your bargain purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just bought the mist and set spray and I have been meaning to try it. Love the E.L.F. products. Also have gotten addicted to the Milaini eyeliner pencils = amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. im obsessed! i always pick up a little ELF goody when i go to target!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the reviews! Going to get the brush, mist, and powder ASAP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got the mist & set after reading about it on Kristens blog and IM IN HEAVEEENNNNN! I LOVE IT! It gets hotter than hell here too, and this mist and set keeps my face in tact for hourssss! I xcant live w out it anymore!
    xoxo Inna :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. how did I miss this? Man I'm slacking. love that you love elf and that I can rub it in that miss BB herself JUST found out about it.

    I still cannot for the life of me figure out the fake eyelashes without looking like a drag queen. when you fly here in a month to visit me, you can show me how to do them the correct way.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl! I love love love the mist spray!!! It's like 100% humidity every day here in the KY and I have been using it everyday since I bought it!!! Loooove it!!!

    I may make a Target run today and try some of these fabulous brushes!!!

    Love your reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the suggestions! I went out and bought me some of the mist because it gets pretty steamy in Oregon during the summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. their blush is awesome! total dupes of mac and last all day! my favorite is the coral one (mac sunbasque dupe) and pink passion (mac pink swoon dupe)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Don't you love finding good elf things?! I love getting their brushes but admit I've never tried anything else. That spray sounds awesome because...I think you described MY skin. Fair, uneven, mega oily. It grosses me out most days.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just went and checked out all the ELF stuff at Target-I can't wait to try some of the stuff I got :)

    ReplyDelete