Photobucket


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Bachelorette Premiere Party!

Oh, hey!  Here I am! It's been five days since my last post, which I do believe is a new bad blogger record for me. Last week was a tad hectic and I just realized how far behind I am with filling you in on my really exciting (sarcasm) life.  I'm going to do a catch-up post soon, but today I'm recaping my Stella & Dot launch/The Bachelorette viewing party from Monday.  


Back in my college days, my girlfriends and I would do a weekly Bachelor/Bachelorette viewing party at each other's apartments and rotate hosting.  However, after graduation and the "Real World" happened, we unfortunately let this little tradition of ours fall by the wayside.  I'm happy to report that as of Monday, I brought it back!  Let's hope we keep it up.  Here we are at "go time", anxiously waiting for Emily's suitors to charm scare her.  


My initial thoughts on the premiere: Love Emily, didn't love her one shoulder Jean Fares dress.  The color wasn't working for me and it was too pageant-esque.  But what really turned me off was that sheer mesh situation on the back of the dress that reminded me of an outfit Tonya Harding would have worn back in the day.  Just go backless girl. And now for the top three guys I am rooting for and the three that need to go bye-bye immediately.

Go Bye-Bye, sirs
1.  Stevie, the Jersey party emcee (barf) who came frolicking in with a boom box on his shoulder.  At that point I would have asked him and his boom box to go back to the1980s where they belonged.  However, I was more offended by his heinous leprechaun green shirt than the boom box.
via
2. Alejandro, the "mushroom farmer".  ABC, really?  I'm so sure Emily Maynard, the epitome of Southern belle, and a "mushroom farmer" (I'm side eyeing you Alejandro) with double pierced ears are going to hit it off just swimmingly.  

3. And lastly, Travis, the freak show who brought an ostrich egg.  "You're probably wondering why I'm holding this egg" was his opening line.  I wouldn't need an explanation. It's not normal under any circumstance to cradle a big ostrich egg like your first born when you are trying to woo a woman.
Emily, I feel the same way. 
I'd date 'em
1. Ryan, the ex-pro football player (yummy) from Georgia.   The hair would need a little tousling, but other than that, he seems like a normal, sweet Southern gentleman Emily would get along with.  I thought his little note was charming and not too over the top. 
via
2. Doug, the single dad who also brought her a note, but written by his 11-year-old son.  Clearly I have a thing for love notes.  He charmed me too, but let's get him a new name.  Doug is not working for me.

3. Sean, another ex-football player, and only because he is major eye candy and hails from my hometown, Dallas. Hi, Sean.  I'm childless and live in your city. Call me maybe?
via
Those abs.  Le sigh.  Here are a few pics from the party set-up:

My Stella and Dot goodie Table:
I'm accepting outside orders until June 5, so if you want to shop my trunk show, click here.
Select moi, "Lindsey Riggs" as your hostess.

The munchies:

The bevys.  Wine and champagne spritzer:

The spritzer is a huge crowd pleaser and so easy to make.  You need 3 bottles of extra dry champ, 6 generous scoops of raspberry sorbet and about 6 mint leaves.  Stir and serve with sliced strawberries.  I doubled the recipe for this party and it was gone by the conclusion of the show.  My ladies are lushes too and that's why we get along so well.

So, what are your first impressions of these bachelors?  Who do you think has a chance of making it until the end and who do you want to give a first class ticket back to crazy town?  
Pin It

40 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Those were some of my favorites too! Joe and Jef were a little too cra-cra for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i was soooo hoping someone would write about it since i literally just finished watching it (things get to my part of the world a little late).

    i didnt like her dress either. i think this girl looks AMAZING when she sports black. this dress looked pageanty and washed her out. but nevertheless, id kill to look like her.

    i reallllllly didnt like the DJ boombox guy. he looked like he was out of an 80s movie or something. and he seemed dramaish. i didnt like the helicopter tool...but the way the guy kept raggin on him was ridiculous. oh well, makes for good tv.

    i liked the skateboard guy haha! something about his nerdiness was cool. and i liked the football guy with weird hair. he seems so her type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like you read my mind about Emily's dress. So pageant, so ice skater, so wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I know some of those guys were just so random and I could never see her dating them. Also, why would that guy choose a bright green shirt for the first night? Bad choice. Glass slipper guy was also mildly creepy. How about just be yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit this spot on!! What were they thinking with the mushroom farmer really? And Stevie the DJ is flat out hostile - he needs to go!! Looks like u and your ladies had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your opinions on the men, but I would have to also send back the guy who gave the whole "life is about the moments that take our breath away" convo..vomit. I'm excited for the next episode!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a little recap myself :) I agree with you on Ryan - hottie!! Cant wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all these recaps of this show makes me want to cave in and watch it ... but i won't and will just enjoy reading everyone's recaps!

    your party looks like such a sucess. i want cheese and champagne now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Egg boy went to Highschool with Kendol baha! And he was college roommates with one of our good friends brother. I saw the Egg introduction video a few weeks ago and couldn't even watch... It made me cringe. What a douche.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you on your choices!! The egg, the boombox, that grandma costume...it just kept getting worse. And by worse I mean funnier!

    Love the spritzer idea/recipe! I have a mountain of mint in my back yard...may need to be whipping this up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like so much fun!!!

    I loved Doug--right off that bat, I want her to end up with him, unless he turns into a freakazoid or something

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ryan is my favorite so far I think! And agree about green shirt guy, he definitely needs to go, trying to cause drama already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I debated whether or not I should click on this post because I knew I was going to see a picture of all that delicious food (mainly the cheese) and then it would make me hungry...... oops. I want cheese. And to be your real life friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree on all your men comments. Now I want to have a weekly party! Thanks for sharing the recipe...yummo. Is it super minty tasting?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you... that egg guy has to go!! What a creep! Looks like you ladies had a lot of fun!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun!! You make me wish I lived in Texas! Looks like the party was a huge success :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOUCHE to all of the above. Agree with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So I'm jealous about your party! Agree with all your opinions on the men...except Doug, I feel like he was trying a little hard and playing the "I'm a single dad, your a single mom, lets get together" card. Love the Stella and Dot set up you had going on too. Is your trunk show still open?

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO with you on all the guys....Sean, Doug AND of course, Ryan...oh yum. Agreed about his hair too...luckily that can be fixed in a quicklike manner.

    The little note that Ryan held up was so incredibly sweet!! Funny how a Souther girl like Emily can turn those boys into mush! ;)

    When Sean comes your way, I'll need an invite just so I can look at him. Droooolll...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like an absolute blast!! :) I'm in total agreement on the ones you liked! Doug is my favorite, but the name definitely throws me off!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Matt and I couldn't stop laughing about the "mushroom farmer." WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? haha. I think it said he's from San Francisco, and there's only one type of "mushroom farmer" in this city and let's just say it's psychedelic. ;)

    I think the race car driver is the hottest at this point. I didn't watch Emily's season of the Bachelor, so I'm just getting to know her . . . she's pretty & sweet but so far, she's not all that interesting to me. Hopefully that will change. And hopefully this show will one day become a little more diverse and offer more than just one token black guy (who was cute, why did she send him home?!) and one weird "mushroom farmer" Latino.

    Still, I can't stop watching this show!

    p.s. Helicopter dude is a MAJOR D-BAG!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun party!! I hated her dress, but for reals Emily needs a cheeseburger stat.

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I completely agree with your picks for Emily. And I totally laughed out loud at your comment about Sean... "I'm childless and live in your city. Call me maybe?" HILAR! :)

    And I PROMISE I will email you back! Ugh things have been OOBER busy the last couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your lil set-up is so adorable! I love the way you have everything laid out, and the food looks great too. I'm definitely gonna have to make that champ' spritzer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you forgot Aerie (however you spell it) the hot race car driver. I think she will pick him, cause she is used to and likes that lifestyle. I also kinda like the skate boarder :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Linds - should Sean and Emily not work out - He is one of my boyfriends childhood besties. Word to ya mother.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was also excited for Bachelorette. I agree with you on your comments of the bachelors, i like the ones you like as well as Tony, i am very interested to see how this season goes! It looks like your Stella and Dot trunk show was so fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I didn't watch it :( But I would have loved to have been at your party to watch it... and eat your food, and drink your drinks, and admire your jewelry haha.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha. I love your comments about the bachelors! Please tell me you did not like Kalon?!

    I really need to make that champagne punch for next weeks show!

    I just reviewed the episode also.
    http://champagne-and-sunshine.blogspot.com/2012/05/bachelorette-baubles-bathing-suits.html

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  30. i think i'm the only woman on earth who doesn't watch the bachelor/ette. looks like a fab party though!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I agree with all your Bachelorette comments! And if she said "Thank you sooo much" one more time I was going to die. Love her though! I love Sean and Ryan. The guy from Houston (helicopter boy) needs to go home too. He is a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. First of all, Delish spread! That spritzer will 100% be making an appearance at one of my parties; maybe we'll do a viewing party too! And Oh my gosh agree 100% with your comments! I can't stand Steve--although since he's already starting up drama, he'll probably be sticking around for a while.

    And Yummers love the ex-football players. Especially the "I'm so nervous" guy, so adorable! And Doug is one of my front-runners; Husband tells me he thinks he'll win. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am loving the looks of your food and drank selection lady! YUM! Those Stella and Dot pretties...oh my! My old roommate is having a Stella and Dot party next week and I am so excited about it...I'll probably blow my life savings, haha

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is certainly also quite a very good putting up many of us really seasoned hunting by way of. It can be not even close each day we've got threat to view a little something. strippers in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is why promoting for you to suitable seek ahead of creating. It's going to be uncomplicated to jot down outstanding write-up doing this. strippers in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! bachelor party strippers miami

    ReplyDelete