Photobucket


Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Michelob ULTRA Light Cider


Remember when I witnessed the dude with the bag on his head falling over in Wal-Mart?  This freak:

Well the entire reason I was even in Wal-Mart (on a Friday night, mind you) was to scoop up some of the new Michelob Ultra Light Cider that just launched to test out and review for the BlogHer Michelob ULTRA light cider promotion. It's a tough life being a blogger.  Reviewing booze and stuff.

I didn't know what to to expect because I've never tried any form of a cider beer, so I brought it out on the boat with me Memorial Day weekend for my friends to try as well.

Survey says ...

Everyone loved it; boys and girls!  It was very crisp, light and refreshing and was perfect for a hot summer day on the boat.  I also don't mind that it's only 120 calories per bottle.  A girl's gotta keep her figure.

The cider is naturally sweetened, gluten-free and made from crisp apples. You can definitely taste the apple flavor!  To read more about the cider, which is available in a 6-pack, visit Michelob ULTRA's site by clicking here.

We drank the cider on a boat, but tell me which favorite summer meal or activity do you think would go best with Michelob ULTRA Light Cider?

Pin It

27 comments:

  1. I love cider!! I've been seeing these ads all over the BlogHer network, and it's made me want to try it. I wonder how it compares to other higher calorie ciders. I'm going to have to pick some up next time we're going somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE cider! I went to a beer tasting event a few weeks back and the ciders were a personal fav. Perfect for summer! I will definitely have to pick up a pack of this one to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I've been dying to try this but haven't been able to find it in any of my local liquor stores. I would drink it while watching baseball :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually seen this in stores recently and thought about trying! Did you see my big news?! I'm coming to your STATE! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely have to check this out! I'm normally not a macrobrewery fan (although the Mr. does drink MGD 64 to keep his figure - don't tell anyone), but this sounds really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know why Colorado sucks?! Because some dumb law keeps this delish beverage from coming to our state. Lame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you say beer, I immediately think baseball. I mean duh haha

    oh and reviewing ish is definitely a blogger perk... and I really appreciate that you managed to include that Wal-Mart fool in this post : )


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  8. I havent tried this one but the Pomegrante Rasperry is my FAV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummm I love Cider Beer! Definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to grab some of this for the pool this weekend!!! But as for something to pair it with food wise how about a black bean and corn salsa?? I love making that in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks and sounds yummy!! This might have to make it into my cooler for my river trip this weekend!

    Clarissa

    loveeachdayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love light cider! Its really popular here in ireland, well cider in general. I find regular cider to be just too sweet for my taste though so if the pub has it I will always go for a light cider! Its a nice change up to beer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cider:) Gonna have to try this one. Love that the freak with the bag on his head is making another blog appearance...he's basically famous now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg. that picture still makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really interesting! I've never had anything like it before, but I like how it's naturally gluten-free. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cider! Drank a lot of it when I lived in England for a month and a half. I'd say its a good lunch drink, since it doesn't fill you up too much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen a couple reviews on this and I am dying to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so does this taste anything like beer? i wonder how i feel about cider? but i know how i feel about beer.

    why can't i just like beer? why? Sean says it is a sickness. it really is. do you know how much more expensive it is to buy liquor than beer? i hate it.

    but yea, i adore you. those fibroid aliens are going down! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh sounds good to me. If only they had that in my side of the world. The closest thing we've got is an apple flavored beer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. so I hate beer. all of it. do you think I would like something like that? super cool you get to do reviews!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. so I hate beer. all of it. do you think I would like something like that? super cool you get to do reviews!

    xo

    ReplyDelete