Photobucket


Friday, June 15, 2012

[link-up] Friday Faves: Reality TV edition!

First of all,  I want to apologize again for not being able to get Friday Faves posted last week when I was on vacation.  I should have just scheduled the post before I left because the Internet Explorer browsers on the computers in the hotel business center were an old version and didn't support blogger.  With that being said, feel free to link-up your Fri Faves from last week in this post as well.

Moving right along ....

I have a few vices, one of which is reality TV, so this week I decided to "theme" my Friday Faves post and highlight some of my favorite reality TV moments, shows, characters, etc.  I'm only going going to discuss shows currently in season by the way.  Your Friday Faves does not have to be reality themed (obviously), but link-up at the bottom of this post!


BLOG TITLE


The final season of the original (OG) Teen Mom cast premiered this week and it was 2 hours of heart string pulling TV.  Yes, I'm 27 years old and shed several tears listening to Farrah read her letter to Derek's grave, Catelynn and Tyler have their 2-year visitation with Carly and then Tyler admit he wished sometimes that Carly called him, "Daddy."  WAAAH!  I was a mess.

Million Dollar Listing LA is back!  I love me some MDL.  The boys are hot (even though 2 play for the other team) and the drama this season looks fierce. I can't wait to see the feud between Heather and Madison unfold. And while there is something about Josh Altman's cocky attitude that attracts me, I am #TeamMadison all the way. 


The bad bitches of Mob Wives Chicago on VH1.  I got hooked on the Mob Wives from NY/NJ and this spin-off is filling my void  since season 2 of the original wives just ended.  Their lifestyle fascinates me and quotes like"Do you want me to stab you now, or do you want me to stab you later?"  make me laugh out loud.  Because these crays are serious.  They will stab a hoe.

I don't even want to waste my time talking about these two.  Just know I harbor a lot of disdain for them and they both make my skin crawl.
Emily's season of The Bachelorette is starting to bore me except when she told Kalon he could get the f@*% out!  That, I loved.  I'm hoping this season starts to pick up, but I'm not holding my breath.


Heather Dubrow from Real Housewives Orange County.  Home girl was on Love Connection back in the day ... Need I say more?  And have you seen her house? I die. I thought she was going to be super pretentious, but I love her delivery and every thing that comes out of her mouth about Alexis.  I can't get enough of her and her hubs, Terry.

Another RHOC lady makes the list: Gretchen Rossi for best hair and make-up.  I was lusting over this look above in this week's episode.  Seriously, I need my hair and make-up to look like this every day.  Gretchen, come be my bestie and teach me your ways.  


OK, I could go on and on and on picking reality TV faves, but I must stop for today.  I might do a part 2 of this next week.  You're turn ... link-up your Friday Favorites below.  

What would you pick as your selections for my favorite categories this week?



Pin It

36 comments:

  1. did you know that Big Ang is getting her own spin-off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both Gretchen and Heather!! HAHA I didn't know she was on Love Connection! HOW FUNNY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Teen Mom made me so sad too! The whole Amber situation breaks my heart bc she is so crazy and that poor little girl! Freaking love Gretchen, like seriously I want to know why she always looks so good and she seems to do it all herself! Loving this link-up lady! I'll probs be participating every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! Gretchen's make up was spot on, loved it, how the heck does she do that?! for reals, she always looks flawless and her curls hold so well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! Couldn't agree with you more!
    Loving Heather DuBROW too!

    Have you been watching RHoNY?!
    so different and weird... OC is def my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made my day when you told me that Heather was on Love connection!! I thought I wasn't going to like her either, but she has proved me wrong. Always love Gretchen's hair and make-up. I haven't watched Mob Wives Chicago yet, still in my DVR! I'm going to have to start linking up to these...thanks for doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I agree with everything you said?! I really am hating theresa now!!! She is so 2 faced this season!!

    I agree about Heather and her hubby!! I really thought I wasn't going to like them but I really do!! That baby of theirs too...OMG! TOO cute!! :)

    I LOVE LOVE Gretchen's hair and makeup!! She can no go wrong!! Did you ever try out the hot rollers you got bc of her?! I need to look like her!! :)

    Do you watch that gypsy show on TLC? It is my newest realty tv vice! It is SO hilarious!! These people live in trailers but pay a redic amount for a gaudy wedding! love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it sad to say I only watch one of those shows, and I've only heard of two of them! I feel like I am living under a rock haha! I watch the Bachelorette - I've been pretty content, but this is the first season I've watched. & I've seen an episode or two of Teen Mom and it makes me so dang mad. I can't watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the nail on the head with this post for me! I love Heather from RHOC and she is so poised with everything she says. Cannot stand Alexis. Also, I REALLY loved Gretchen's hair that way. I noticed and was like damn, love it. Josh Altman is our fav on MDL...he just has that badass attitude and I think Madison can be so overdramatic sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg I cried like a baby during Teen Mom too, you aren't allow. That ish was sad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooove this edition! Also, I love what you said about Heather! I had been trying to explain the exact same thing and what you said about her delivery was perfect. So tactful.

    Now, moving on to Gretchen. I about died when I saw her hair [the way it is in the picture above.] HOW DOES SHE DO IT?? Seriously. I'm sure we'll never know the real secrets but how does one's hair look that good?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOVE Heather too...she is so put together but sassy at the same time, love it! I am with you on Gretchens look too...why is her hair always so beautiful!? Did you ever try out those rollers?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Gretchen is so pretty! I love her hair and makeup every week!!!


    countryrootscityliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Million Dollar Listing is my FAVE show ever. I want to sleep with all the guys, but especially that cocky emeffer.

    oh and I think Gretchen looks like a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree with Emily's Season! Not to mention it irritates me that she even has a season!

    & Gretchen gets her hair done at http://thelivingroomsalon.com/ in costa mesa. Such an awesome Salon/gallery

    ReplyDelete
  16. We would get along great with our taste in reality TV. HATE Joe and Teresa! They make me want to punch myself. And I absolutely love Gretchen. She always looks so put together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG yes. I agree with EVERY SINGLE ONE of these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahha, love this! I LOVE that Heather was on Love Connection - hilarious. She's becoming one of my fave housewives!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love heather from RHOC! Also LOVE Million Dollar Listing. Team Madison right there with ya, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  20. DANG! I meant to link up this week. Next week for sure!

    Obviously I need to broaden my reality tv scope. I'm not watching nearly enough.

    Here's hoping Emily's season perks up. I mean I'm def gonna watch the whole thing (duh), but it would be nice if it were a little more engaging. I can't decide if I like her lots or if I think she's boring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I COMPLETELY agree about gretchen having the best hair and makeup. Every single time she comes on (especially in her one-on-one interviews) I'm like "oooh how can I do my make up like that?!!?"

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to agree with you on every single level of this post! I love Teen Mom, it's definitely a guilty pleasure for me. I HATE Teresa & joe from RHONJ this season, they are such snakes! I haven't seen MobWives Chitown so I need to jump on that bandwagon real quick. I've been over the Bachelor/Bachelorette...just gets old with me. And I love Heather and Gretchen from RHOC! Love this link up, I will do it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with you- totally loving Heather from OC!! She is my new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Agh I love Gretchen's look. Is it cray that I grew my hair out so I could style it like hers? That's the kind of sad life I lead. I want to be a real housewife...minus that whole wife part.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love million dollar listing!! I so agree something about his cockiness is just hott but I'm team Madison too!!! Don't even get me started w Teresa & her trash hubby. I loveeee heather too & her hubby even more!!! It's been a great season!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i watched the first hour of teen mom tonight, but still have the 2nd hour. i'm glad it's the last season, idk how much longer i could take them. i can't wait to see catelynn & tyler's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE THIS!!! I'm such a reality junkie too! I'm still catching up from being out of town & I can't wait to watch Teen Mom! You're not alone, I shed tears also throughout the season for most of them! & in playing catch up, I've avoided The Bachelorette... it IS getting a bit boring! Can't wait to see the details of her telling off Kalon! I'll be linking up next Friday again! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am surprised that I like Heather too! She really is great but I didn't expect to like her at all. Love Gretchens hair in that episode too, I wish I could get mine to look like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love heather. and* her "champs" ;) hahahah (which I may or may not be saying now)

    ReplyDelete
  30. AMEN! I love Heather... and all the ish she has to say about that fake Alexis. She drives me bat ish crazy. And Gretchen. I like HER but I'm NOT a fan of that snake she calls her "man". Sick.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I always love Gretchen's hair and make-up! I just want someone to come do mine every day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I NEED to join this link up because reality tv is the greatest thing on earth duh

    did you see Tyler and Caitlyn are expecting???

    Heather is quickly becoming a favorite of mine too. Love that perfect life lady.


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't watch any of those. I am ready for Big Brother though.

    ReplyDelete
  34. looks like you love reality TV like me... I really love million dollar listing and I kinda like heather now too .. I didnt like her at first but she is growing on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haha I love reality tv. It's pretty much all I watch besides kids shows! I love Heather too - I thought for sure she was going to be a huge snob. VIckie seems to have gone off the deep end! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete