Kendall at Our Neu Life presented me with the "Stylish Blogger Award" and I’m super excited! I’ve never received a blog award before, so thank you so much!
There are a few things I have to do now since I won the award, which are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
7 Things about Me
I started brainstorming what 7 things I would share about myself. Everyone has their own idiosyncrasies, and sometimes I think mine are weirder than others. So while I was brainstorming, I started thinking that maybe it would be more fun to ask those closest to me to name some unique and random things about me, and their answers were great! Here’s what they came up with:
1. “You do handstands and the splits just for fun.” – My friend Kathryn. Let me qualify this by saying I was a gymnast for 14 years, so this isn’t weird. Her comment reminded me of something else I discovered about myself my senior year in college.
I don’t know how this came up, but my girlfriends and I were talking about shaving our legs and I mentioned that in the dorms it was really hard for me to put my leg up on the wall to shave because our showers were so tiny. All of my friends were like, “Umm, you do what?” I have always (and still do) just hoist my leg up on the wall to shave. It never occurred to me that there was any other way to shave. Apparently normal people just bend over.
2. “Your lovey is still on your bed.” – My friend Patty. I was confused and asked her, “What is a “lovey”?” She told me, “Your little bunny friend you rub.” Hahaha!!! My “lovey” (as she calls it) is my little stuffed animal mouse (not a bunny) named Squeaky I used to soothe and suck my thumb with as a child. I remember when I left for college my mom said, “You aren’t going to take Squeaky?” I do still have him, but he’s not on my bed … he’s in my nightstand.
3. “You always tilt your head just perfectly for pictures.” – My Mom. Everyone tells me how photogenic I am, which only means I’m uglier in person. They claim that’s not true, but I know better. I took horrible school pictures growing up with crooked smiles, so I used to practice my smile and my head tilt in the mirror. They say practice makes perfect.
4. “You eat olives out of the jar.” – My friend Kristina. I do eat olives out of the jar, but I think that’s perfectly normal. I think what she’s referring to the fact that as a kid I used to eat entire jars of green olives in one sitting and then sip on the juice. Yum.
5. “You’re a crazy cat lady” – multiple friends. I’m really not sure how I’m a “crazy cat lady” when I don’t even have a cat! Well, I have a cat (Nicky) but he lives with my mom in North Carolina because my ex-bf was “allergic” to him aka he hated cats. Anyway, isn’t Nicky the most precious thing you’ve ever seen all cuddled up on my leg?? I miss him! Maybe I am a crazy cat lady. 6. “You were editor of the Texas Tech yearbook.” – My friend Liz. So Liz and I have known each other since we were 11, but we went to different colleges. Literally she asks anyone she meets that went to Texas Tech (where I went) if they know her best friend Lindsey. “She was editor of the Texas Tech yearbook, you may know her?” Most students at Tech didn’t even know we had a yearbook. I think it’s hilarious that she asks every one this because every time she asks they’re like, “Uhhh, no … sorry.”
7. And the last one I will do myself. I’ve never seen Pulp Fiction or Top Gun. People think that’s weird.
15 New BloggersI don't have 15 new one's so I'm going to do what Kendall did and shorten it to a few blogs that I love or just discovered!