Photobucket


Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"The Best" rolled sugar cookies with icing

Happy Halloween goblins! In the spirit of the holiday, I made some homemade Halloween sugar cookies with icing last night to take to work. I Googled "best sugar cookie" and was directed to allrecipes.com, which had a recipe for The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies.  I also found this Sugar Cookie Icing recipe, which was legit. Actually, both recipes were legit, so I'm sharing them with you today.

The Bargain Blonde's adventures in baking:
Do you love the breast cancer awareness eggs?

Bats, pumpkins and boo! shapes, oh my

Halloween Cookiepalooza
If you don't own a silicone slipmat and you ever plan on baking, I'm telling you right now that you need one in your life. They make baking so much easier. The bottom of cookies turn out perfectly every time and are so easy to transfer to cooling racks.

I baked mine for exactly 6 minutes at 400 degrees F and transferred them to cooling racks immediately after taking them out of the oven. They were the perfect chewiness. Ice after cooled. Full recipes below:


1.5 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Food coloring (Orange = 4 drops red + 2 drops yellow)


Anyone have any fun Halloween plans? Since I live in an apartment, I am going to my bestie Kristina's house to pass out candy because I want to see all the kiddos in their costumes.

Speaking of kiddos ... how cute is Reese in his costume for preschool on Monday? This is his "Captain America pose" he said:
Ugh, he's the cutest ever. My heart can't handle it.
Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I love the eggs woman! so cute! same with the cookies. good to see you're alive and well over there and enjoying everything in your new princess land. Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those pink eggs :) Cookies look delish. I think I've indulged in enough sugar for a year after today. Have a lovely Halloween friend!

    Xo-L
    simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look amazeballs. for real. I am going to make those. I'm serious. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I die for Reese! His facial expression and his tiny little fist.. cutest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look delicious! I want to bake some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing Reese! And most importantly, is that a seal in the background? I'm so weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reese's serious face is HILARIOUS. So dang cute. Love that age. Milo insisted on being "Dark Vader" this year, but ended up being "Dark Maul" and frankly, I don't even know who that is.

    Your sugar cookies look ridiculously good and I don't even normally like them. I can't believe how perfect they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those look so good! I LOVE sugar cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did I not know about the silicone slipmat trick? I hate when the bottoms of my cookies turn out all whack. Happy Halloween!! Reese is the cutest!!! Such a tough guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try out this silicone slipmat thing!!! GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty sad that I've never seen those eggs before :(
    But extremely thrilled to see that recipe! Must try it immediately.

    ReplyDelete