Photobucket


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Remember when I used to blog on the reg?

Yah, me too. Then I moved to Las Vegas and my blog went up in flames.

By the time I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is think so instead of writing, I get on Pinterest and pin for hours. Kristina's husband Josh even said to me the other day, "I have never in my life seen someone on a computer as much as you." Guilty! I told him I was busy running a blog empire but in reality all I do these days is pin. I pin stuff like apartment décor inspiration ....


Funny someecards that make me laugh because they describe me perfectly:

Touching pics like this soldier and his pup, who reminds me of Bear:

Dumb, I mean, awesome stuff like a company that makes you a stuffed animal to resemble your dog:

Totally need a Bear stuffed animal now. Someone make this happen for me, please.

Cute updos I have no use for in life:

But more than anything, I can't stop pinning recipes:

If you follow me on Pinterest, I'm sure you've seen the outrageous amount of recipes I've pinned to my Food & Drank board recently. The absurd part is I don't even have a kitchen right now! But I. can't. stop. I think I'm addicted to Pinterest, and I need to be addicted to blogging.

When I think of a blog topic idea, I write it down so that I don't forget it. I now have a long list of things I want to blog about so there really is no excuse for me to be blog MIA. You know it's bad when people stop even asking when you are going to blog again.

I am going to try to get back into the swing of things this week. I really do love and miss blogging. It's just been a struggle to find the time and energy these days because my job is so much more demanding. Yaknow???? It's not you blog, it's me. Anywho, wish me luck!

P.S. I move into my apartment this Saturday! My Mom is going to Dallas Wednesday to load up my moving truck and driving it to Vegas Thursday. I cannot wait to have all my things again. It's been 6 weeks since I moved here and it feels like so much longer, doesn't it? It's been such a whirlwind but I really love it here. I think once I get settled in my place, it will start to feel more like home and my life will feel a little more normal.


What's new with y'all? Oh, and I get made fun of for saying y'all here. What can I say? I'm a Texas girl born and raised. You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl. Yes, I just said that. Oh, and I need this shirt. Yet another one of my Pinterest finds.

 

Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Girl you got a lot on your plate- it's understandable that you're MIA.
    Loveee those stuffed animal. Need that.
    I also post many recipes that never seem to happen. I will change that- maybe.

    Also, just want to say that you are my favorite blogger. I know this seems very lame but when I started to blog you were one of the first people to follow and offer suggestions. I will never forget that. Thanks for the post!!

    -Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you/hear from you, Honey! You've def been missed, but never apologize for having a life…and living it! =) Those who love you aren't going anywhere & will ALWAYS look forward to your next "visit". =) SO happy things are going well for you & that you're loving LV. One of my very favorite places! =) Enjoy EVERY second of your new life & I wish you EVERY wonderful thing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slightly addicted to Pinterest too! Just started following your pins! ;-)


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you in the blog world but I'm right there with ya! I just can't find the time!!! Ps. That precious picture of the soldier and the dog touched my heart! So sweet! And yes you need a stuffed replica of bear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a sweet mama you have to help so much :)
    Congrats on your new apartment! So happy you're loving your new job and Vegas! I love your pins, totally following all your boards now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blog land : )We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome back to the blogging world.

    i love that little towel rack idea. i'm totally doing that in my bathroom.

    and i love that someecard. fits me perfectly. well...us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO glad you're back!! Also...im seriously considering a stuffed animal doggie....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dog stuffed animal thing is genius! I need one for Lily for weeks like this when I have to leave her at my parents since I'm going out of town. I had no idea how much I love having her around until she's gone :( They also have one that takes kids drawings and makes them into toys which is awesome! Good luck on moving into your new place. Hope that helps get blogging back on the brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dog & soldier picture is soooo great. how freaking sweet. and i actually loved the stuffed dog.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we all need a little break from the blog world from time to time. & the fact that you moved out of state & started a new job is definitely reason enough to be on a hiatus for a bit! I'm sure once you have your own place & get into your own groove you'll be back at full time! Glad things are going great for you in Sin City!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the Vegas life!!!

    But good luck with moving in...and seriously, let Ash and I know when we can come over for a mini welcome party...and happy hour.

    AND you have to let us know when we can plan a little trip to TFDU! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you stopped in to blog a bit. We MISS you. I understand tho with moving and starting a new job, it must be crazy busy for you. We are all hear when you're ready to get back into the swing of things and I'm sure you're going to feel a ton better once you have all your stuff. My boxes are all unpacked after a week and I already feel SO MUCH better. Best of luck moving into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck on the move lindsey!!! So exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. uh!love that updo.

    ive also seriously slacked on blogging lately because of a new job. even though im still doing the same thing (teaching) im in a new district and i don't have tenure anymore and it's just crazy! ahhh!!

    here's hoping we both get some time to start back up!! can't wait to hear all about vegas! (ive never been there!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seriously miss you blogging!!! :(

    How exciting that you move into your new place this weekend! We had to live in a condo for a month while all of our stuff was in storage while we were waiting to find a place when Jer got his current job almost 5 years ago. LONGEST month of my life!!

    You better do a blog post of your new digs once you are all settled!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That stuffed dog is too cute!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, I've missed you. You're friggin' hilarious. I've been on my computer since I finished dinner and it's driving me insane. It's not like I always WANT to be on my computer but c'mon, blogging really does take a while and a lot out of you!

    SOOO glad you are loving life there. I still might move there. But don't tell anyone. Seeing you all over Pinterest has been awesome because, let's be honest, your pins are just as hilarious as you are. How TRUE is that ecard? Also, your mom is a doll for packing up all of your stuff and driving it to you!!! Eeeee, so excited for you to get settled into your new place! Super jealous :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always get so excited when I see you have written a new post (: It's totally understandable - you are crazy busy! I've had to skip doing a few posts because I can't get off of Pinterest, which also is very understandable! Haha!
    Hope that we hear from you more often nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you're back (ish) and cannot wait for you to move into your apartment! I know you are sooooo excited and I wanna see pics right away!

    That custom stuffed pup--oooommmmgggg! Amazing. And as for food pins, well . . . I don't really have anything to add to that because I am just as bad. Also, I ate pizza hut last night and today (leftovers). So I'm pretty much gonna look AWESOME when I see you in Vegas next month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. maybe just because you're in transition? I also fell off!

    ReplyDelete