And even though I tried to stay in the shade when possible, wore a big floppy hat and lathered on SPF 70+ like it was my job, I still feel like my face is looking pinker than usual so I've decided it needs some TLC.
Ever since I found this DIY salt skin scrub, I have been on the look-out for other at home DIY beauty treatments. I do all my research the old fashion way: Google.
The first DIY mask that tickled my fancy was this simple, DIY Egg White and Oatmeal Face Mask, which promises to soothe and exfoliate skin.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal (old-fashioned oats, not instant)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Natural Ingredient Benefits
- Oatmeal is a natural skin soother and oil absorber,
- egg whites help tighten pores and rebuild damaged skin and
- lemon juice is an exfoliate.
- First, crack an egg in half, separating out the egg whites. If you don't know how to do this, they provide a step-by-step guide.
- Combine oats and lemon juice with egg white, creating a paste.
- Rub the mixture on your face, avoiding your eyes.
- Leave on for 15 minutes. You should start to feel your skin tighten and maybe a bit of stinging in sensitive areas like your nose and mouth.
- Wipe the mixture off your face with a paper towel and then rinse the remainder off your face.
I'm going to test this out tonight and I'll let y'all know what I think of it. Do you have any DIY face masks you recommend? This bargain blonde would love to hear. I'm a face mask virgin! Help.