Back in my college days, my girlfriends and I would do a weekly Bachelor/Bachelorette viewing party at each other's apartments and rotate hosting. However, after graduation and the "Real World" happened, we unfortunately let this little tradition of ours fall by the wayside. I'm happy to report that as of Monday, I brought it back! Let's hope we keep it up. Here we are at "go time", anxiously waiting for Emily's suitors to
My initial thoughts on the premiere: Love Emily, didn't love her one shoulder Jean Fares dress. The color wasn't working for me and it was too pageant-esque. But what really turned me off was that sheer mesh situation on the back of the dress that reminded me of an outfit Tonya Harding would have worn back in the day. Just go backless girl. And now for the top three guys I am rooting for and the three that need to go bye-bye immediately.
Go Bye-Bye, sirs
1. Stevie, the Jersey party emcee (barf) who came frolicking in with a boom box on his shoulder. At that point I would have asked him and his boom box to go back to the1980s where they belonged. However, I was more offended by his heinous leprechaun green shirt than the boom box.
2. Alejandro, the "mushroom farmer". ABC, really? I'm so sure Emily Maynard, the epitome of Southern belle, and a "mushroom farmer" (I'm side eyeing you Alejandro) with double pierced ears are going to hit it off just swimmingly.
3. And lastly, Travis, the freak show who brought an ostrich egg. "You're probably wondering why I'm holding this egg" was his opening line. I wouldn't need an explanation. It's not normal under any circumstance to cradle a big ostrich egg like your first born when you are trying to woo a woman.
|Emily, I feel the same way.|
I'd date 'em
1. Ryan, the ex-pro football player (yummy) from Georgia. The hair would need a little tousling, but other than that, he seems like a normal, sweet Southern gentleman Emily would get along with. I thought his little note was charming and not too over the top.
2. Doug, the single dad who also brought her a note, but written by his 11-year-old son. Clearly I have a thing for love notes. He charmed me too, but let's get him a new name. Doug is not working for me.
3. Sean, another ex-football player, and only because he is major eye candy and hails from my hometown, Dallas. Hi, Sean. I'm childless and live in your city. Call me maybe?
Those abs. Le sigh. Here are a few pics from the party set-up:
My Stella and Dot goodie Table:
|I'm accepting outside orders until June 5, so if you want to shop my trunk show, click here. |
Select moi, "Lindsey Riggs" as your hostess.
The bevys. Wine and champagne spritzer:
The spritzer is a huge crowd pleaser and so easy to make. You need 3 bottles of extra dry champ, 6 generous scoops of raspberry sorbet and about 6 mint leaves. Stir and serve with sliced strawberries. I doubled the recipe for this party and it was gone by the conclusion of the show. My ladies are lushes too and that's why we get along so well.
So, what are your first impressions of these bachelors? Who do you think has a chance of making it until the end and who do you want to give a first class ticket back to crazy town?