Photobucket


Friday, November 19, 2010

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

A.k.a. a slice of chocolatey heaven. I'm not a "sweets" person (much like I'm not a "morning" person), so I rarely ever crave anything sweet and when I do, a couple of bites will usually do the trick. I may or may not have eaten four of these last night warm and straight off the cookie sheet if that tells you anything. So, so, so good. So good in fact I had to bring the leftovers to work today because I didn't trust myself with these in my apartment all weekend. All of my co-workers keep coming back for more, so they must agree with me.

I stumbled across the recipe for these cookies via Miss Melissa, and they just looked too good not to try. The nights have been cooler in Dallas lately and warm DOUBLE chocolate cookies just sounded like a brilliant idea.

As recommended by Miss Melissa, I baked them for a few minutes less than instructed because I like my cookies softer as well. The consistency is almost like a cake and brownie combined. I highly recommend you try this recipe out yourself, but don't say I didn't warn you if you end up eating a whole batch all by your lonely.

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)- I used chopped pecans. Any nuts will do.

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2.In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

{image via}
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment