Photobucket


Monday, February 7, 2011

We're finally melting + Super Bowl hoopla

Happy Monday, Dallas has just about thawed out!  Well, except for the parking lot by my apartment where the sun doesn't hit.

Last night I was walking over to my brother's apt (he lives in the same building) to take him an ice pack since he slipped on the ice and popped his ankle when what do you know?  I slipped myself and my brand new Blackberry Torch caught my fall, which shattered the screen on my phone.  This is why I can't have nice things!  The good news is I have insurance on my phone and I can get a replacement, so  I suppose it's not the end of the world.

Other than the continuation of this crazy weather, another big event was going on here.  You may have heard about it ... the Super Bowl?  It's been hectic in the Big D to say the least. 

Saturday night my best friend Liz and I went to the Bud Light Hotel for the Pitbull, Ke$ha and Nelly concert. We waited in the LONGEST line of our lives, and I never want to relive that again. Literally over 2 hours standing in high heels.  However, once we got inside the concert, it was worth the wait and a lot of fun.  Here are some photos from our evening:
 
Liz and I on our way to the concert.
 
Isn't she such a fashionista?  Her sequin blazer is Forever 21.  My clutch is vintage from my Grandma and I get more compliments than you could ever imagine on this purse.  You can't see all detail on it, I'll have to take a pic of it and post.  Thanks Grandma!!

Posing on the step and repeat pretending to be celebs.

During the concert. Love her, besties since 6th grade!

Pitbull performing.  When we finally got inside, he was already singing.  We missed most of his performance, boo!

The stage right when we walked into the performance tent.  Pitbull performing his last song.

We were too far back in the crowd to get a good picture, but here is Ke$ha performing.  
 
So many hands in the air taking pics, and I was too short to reach. 
  
Nelly was the last act.  We were a little closer for his performance.
  
I wish I got better pictures!
So that about sums up my weekend.  I tried to stay away from the Super Bowl madness as much as possible, but this concert was my one exception.  I didn't even watch the game last night except I caught part of the half-time show.  I just can't get into the NFL, I stick to college football.  Did you have an exciting Super Bowl weekend?  What did you do?  Any of you Dallas peeps spot a celeb?
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! You and Liz are just too cute!

    So glad the ice and snow melted too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad I wasn't in Dallas this weekend for all the fools! LOL

    Uh. We went to a party, but I didn't watch a minute of the game. I can't get into it either ... and the commercials were terrible. TERRIBLE.

    Uh, I want your friend's sequined jacket thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast!!! What a great concert!!
    Love Forever 21 too! :)

    ReplyDelete